By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic needs to figure out what they are doing.

I believe the sole reason Metacritic is the one used is because of the huge argument over Starcraft's sig. At least that was my assumption. Personally I find Gamerankings more useful.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
I believe the sole reason Metacritic is the one used is because of the huge argument over Starcraft's sig. At least that was my assumption. Personally I find Gamerankings more useful.

If I were to use review scores I would go with them as well.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Letter Grades
Their Grade Converts To
A or A+ 100
A- 91
B+ 83
B 75
B- 67
C+ 58
C 50
C- 42
D+ 33
D 25
D- 16
F+ 8
F or F- 0

matt247 said:
Letter Grades
Their Grade Converts To
A or A+ 100
A- 91
B+ 83
B 75
B- 67
C+ 58
C 50
C- 42
D+ 33
D 25
D- 16
F+ 8
F or F- 0

I wish school was like that....

Euphoria gamerankings isn't much better - read the sig.

Euphoria14 said:

I know the biased remark wasn't aimed towards me, that is why I had a break in the two paragraphs, I just wanted to put that out there just in case I was accused.

I probably should send an e-mail though to see what bogus answer they hit me with. I just don't see this as being very professional on their part. It seems more of Metacritic being lazy.

They told us earlier this week they gave LBP that score of 80 based on what they read in the review. Now are they trying to tell us that each and every A rated review that they read seemed to lean towards a perfect scoring? I think they never read any of these reviews to begin with.

I find this be unfair to those games that recieve A+ scores. Now what differentiates the two?

Quick correction on this point.....Variety actually gave that score to Metacritic, to put with the review.

This is the note that metacritic attached to that particular review (I guess many LBP fans complained!):
[*Note: All Variety scores are provided to Metacritic by Variety's Games Editor - Metacritic is not estimating here or on any other game review.]

Around the Network
izaaz101 said:
Euphoria14 said:

I know the biased remark wasn't aimed towards me, that is why I had a break in the two paragraphs, I just wanted to put that out there just in case I was accused.

I probably should send an e-mail though to see what bogus answer they hit me with. I just don't see this as being very professional on their part. It seems more of Metacritic being lazy.

They told us earlier this week they gave LBP that score of 80 based on what they read in the review. Now are they trying to tell us that each and every A rated review that they read seemed to lean towards a perfect scoring? I think they never read any of these reviews to begin with.

I find this be unfair to those games that recieve A+ scores. Now what differentiates the two?

Quick correction on this point.....Variety actually gave that score to Metacritic, to put with the review.

This is the note that metacritic attached to that particular review (I guess many LBP fans complained!):
[*Note: All Variety scores are provided to Metacritic by Variety's Games Editor - Metacritic is not estimating here or on any other game review.]

That just tells me the guy who reviewed it didn't give the score but his boss who probablly never touched the game told metacritic what his employee felt.

LOL MATURE said:
izaaz101 said:
Euphoria14 said:

That just tells me the guy who reviewed it didn't give the score but his boss who probablly never touched the game told metacritic what his employee felt.

Also worth mentioning is before the claimed the score was provided by Variety Games editor they stated that they gave that score based on what they got from reading the review. Then shortly after they changed it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

matt247 said:
They should remove the top 5 and bottom 5 scores, Olympic style!

Thats a great idea they could show them on the sight but for the score exclude them.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Metacritic doesn't go by hard numbers. That's why you can use an exact measure. You have to read up on their system.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Metacritic system overall is good cause you get to look through 40+ reviews gives you a good flavor of what the game is about

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks