By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zombies!!! coming to XBLA & PSN

Zombies!!! to Become Video Game

The immensely popular Zombies!!!® Board Game is set to hit the video game world in 2009. Twilight Creations, Inc., the publishers of the game, has reached an agreement with Big Rooster, LLC, an entertainment software company, to develop the Zombies!!! board game into a video game property.

Initially the game will be developed for the Xbox 360, the PlayStation 3 and the Steam online game distribution website according to Timothy Gerritsen, Executive Director of Big Rooster. Later releases may include the Nintendo DS and Wii systems.

“Zombies!!! is a perfect game for the Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation 3 Network,” said Mr. Gerritsen. “We were surprised that no one had seen the huge potential in the Zombies!!! property.”

Originally released in 2001, Zombies!!! has been a consistent seller and is considered one of the core products in the hobby-game industry. The base set has sold over 125,000 copies worldwide. It has also spawned many expansions and spin-offs. Combined, Zombies!!! products have sold in excess of 300,000 units.

In Zombies!!! players race around the board trying to find a way to escape the ever-growing zombie horde. The game is simple to play and extremely addictive according to its fans. The tile based board and the many expansions work to keep the game fresh and new each time you play it.

Around the Network

Sounds intriguing, but I don't understand the objective of the game?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I think the idea is to stay ahead of the zombie horde. Simple, really, but prolly harder than it sounds.

I love the way these board games translate to the downloadable scene. I hope it turns out good, because I would love a zombie board game in my collection.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Immensely popular? With who?

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:

With the 200,000 or so people that bought it. I don't know if what I said is a good thing or bad. Something is telling me Monopoly sold more.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I honestly don't see how 300,000 is 'immensely popular' XD

But it does sound like a fun premise, maybe I'll snag it from XBLA if the price is right.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Onyxmeth said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

With the 200,000 or so people that bought it. I don't know if what I said is a good thing or bad. Something is telling me Monopoly sold more.

Somehow I think you might be right.

Still, if it's fun it's fun.  If it supports online then that'll be even better.

This is also coming to WiiWare... update.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Onyxmeth said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Somehow I think you might be right.

Still, if it's fun it's fun.  If it supports online then that'll be even better.

It's almost guaranteed to have online. All of the other board games on XBLA have online as standard for as many players as the real game allows.