By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - woman arrested for killing virtual hubby in "Maple story"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081023/ap_on_re_as/as_japan_avatar_murder

she hasn't been charged yet but she is jail.

As in "Second Life" in the U.S., players in "Maple Story" raise and manipulate digital images called "avatars" that represent themselves, while engaging in relationships, social activities and fighting against monsters and other obstacles.

The woman used login information she got from the 33-year-old office worker when their characters were happily married, and killed the character. The man complained to police when he discovered that his beloved online avatar was dead.

haha

the guy called the police!

Around the Network

Video games=real life confirmed?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Wow, that guy has issues for calling the police over something like that.

Suck it up, man.

That is all I can say.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

..................................................................................... .. -_-

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

My son played mapel story for a while. i didn't know people took it so seriously.
i guess it's an addicting game.

WTF lol...

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Face Palm

That is just pathetic.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Maple Story is more than just a game.... it's LIFE!!!

J/K, Seen the game, looked kinda boring....

4 ≈ One

LOL this is funny.