By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - wich console will have the best Jrpg's

I'd say: DS, PSP, Wii, 360, PS3 (but PS3 may move ahead of 360 depending on how much money MS pays developers).

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

Personally you know what I think? PS3 will have better RPG's as time goes by. They will have the stronger titles in the JRPG section. Microsoft has to be given it's due by Sony fanboys though for diversifying itself. This is one of the reasons I hear so many people still saying they want a 360.

Really Wii60 is the only answer.

360 currently has the best RPG line-up, with

Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssee, Eternal Sonata, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4, Final Fantasy 13

Wii will have the more niche, but definitely worthy RPGs

Tales of Symphonia 2, New Tales, Arc Rise Fantasia, Fragile, Little Kings Story, Muramasa Demon Blade, Fire Emblem, Valhalla Knights

I don't expect the PS3 to have a lot of exclusives, simply because the 360 has proven to be a good system for RPGs.

honestly i dont think multiplats should be named, not even timed exclusives. so that way we limit it to straight exclusives, and which are better. this would be the best way to determine the best jrpg console.

Well, right now, it's the 360 by far.

Just for reference, in the next few months:

Lost Odyssey
Eternal Sonata
Tales of Vesperia
Blue Dragon
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
Star Ocean 4

Maybe in 2 years the PS3/Wii will catch up, but it's gonna be a while. XIII is now a multiplat, and new Mystwalker title should launch next year, and I'd bet, more likely than not, Verses will end up on the 360 as well.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
markers said:
honestly i dont think multiplats should be named, not even timed exclusives. so that way we limit it to straight exclusives, and which are better. this would be the best way to determine the best jrpg console.

The best at the end of the generation, maybe. You sound like a Playstation 3 fan, not that you are. Watch that talk about potential, and what's going to be, and focus on what "is."

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
markers said:

The best at the end of the generation, maybe. You sound like a Playstation 3 fan, not that you are. Watch that talk about potential, and what's going to be, and focus on what "is."

i am a ps3 fan, but i support all consoles, it still makes more sense to only use true exclusives to judge which console has the best or is the better jrpg console. and im not talking about potential unannounced games that will show up down the line. so right now (and ive already posted this) 360 is leading the way (unless again of course you count the ps3 with full bc and use all the ps2 games xp) but yes we really cant judge or crown a winner till the end of this gen.

so again i believe only exclusives should be used to determine the leader / winner

Wii and not because of the larger base. It will eventually get the better ones when JRPG come into the Wiimote and the superior interface. Games more along the lines TWEWY, but fuller scale.

The PS3 and 360 will pretty much have the same JRPGs as last generation.

In the mean time however, you are better off with a PS360 until these Wii JRPGs come out.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Words Of Wisdom said:
MANUELF said:
The DS

The DS isn't a console... but it wins anyway.

I second this.

As for between the 7th gen consoles it's a tough call.  Wii seems though to be the JRPG console of 09 while 360 was of 08... but of course 360 won it almost by default in some cases haha.  PS3 is getting some big ones later this year and into 09 but just not plentiful.   Who knows though.

markers said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
markers said:

i am a ps3 fan, but i support all consoles, it still makes more sense to only use true exclusives to judge which console has the best or is the better jrpg console. and im not talking about potential unannounced games that will show up down the line. so right now (and ive already posted this) 360 is leading the way (unless again of course you count the ps3 with full bc and use all the ps2 games xp) but yes we really cant judge or crown a winner till the end of this gen.

so again i believe only exclusives should be used to determine the leader / winner

It's just quite a coincidence that MS spends all this money to let its customers get a game a year before customers for its competitors, but you don't want to count that at all, in your decision for which console is best for jrpgs.

And that's the rub. It's not certain right now which console has the best jrpgs at the end of this generation, but it is certain which company is best for jrpgs. MS is gonna pay for that 6 month early advantage if Square will let them. Saying a 6 month early playtime for a game means nothing is just wrong. That's a big deal to most people...waiting 6 months for something. It's definitely not irrelivant. We need to figure out exactly what we're trying to determine here. If it's "best jrpgs this gen" then it's undeterminable, leaning 360. If it's "best console to own if you're a jrpg fan" then it's 360 by a mile.

NO NO, NO NO NO.