By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - sony cuts profit forecast

Galaki said:
Well, there's always government bailout should Sony get in trouble.

I dont think japan does those for its conglomerates. maybe Sony of america can funnel the monies that way?

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
LOL MATURE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Of course they have to cut it. It unrealistic for them to expect more. The Wii is the only system that can expect profits of over 3 Billion, because their system actually costs $180 to make, so they are making over $70 over on each unit.

This is SONY as a company not the game division.

READING COMPRHENSION IS YOUR FRIEND

I didn't read the article you crazy asshole. On an electronics tip i'm a Samsung guy anyway so I could care less.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LOL MATURE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Of course they have to cut it. It unrealistic for them to expect more. The Wii is the only system that can expect profits of over 3 Billion, because their system actually costs $180 to make, so they are making over $70 over on each unit.

READING SOMETHING BEFORE YOU COMMENT ON IT IS YOUR FRIEND

I didn't read the article you crazy asshole. On an electronics tip i'm a Samsung guy anyway so I could care less.

fixed

LOL MATURE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
LOL MATURE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

READING SOMETHING BEFORE YOU COMMENT ON IT IS YOUR FRIEND

fixed

Lol very Mature

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

goddog said:
@shams did recognize you with the new avatar. heh whats that from?

That's "Follie" from Flowerworks, of course ;) - (yes some shameless self promotion!)

Poor old Sony - this was going to be their BIG year, after the issues of the last few. From memory they have a lot of debt as well (keep on refinancing large sums of money) - wonder how the credit crisis has affected them.

At least they have *real* cashflow - probably really lucky to have sold off that financial arm & european hq building when they did (assuming all the deals have gone through now).

In other news, Square Enix is calling for a "Japanese alliance of developers" - wonder what that is all about... are they being worried by MS and the presence of all that foreign money??

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

57% is a huge drop in forecasts. This is going to trigger a share sell-off. I really hope Sony can weather this through since the biggest margins are from the Bravia line.

is this really serious  ? is the profit or overall income????? can someone expand on this topics? THIS IS BAAAD

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Um. Sony always makes a profit. This is not about their game company, many of you forget that sony is a huge company and the game division is just one small part. Have you guys not noticed that every company is cutting their profit forcast? That the world is in a difficult economic time? Did you hear that ICELAND might go bankrupt? This isnt just a sony thing, this is an everybody thing. Well, except apple for some reason.

xenophon13 said:
Um. Sony always makes a profit. This is not about their game company, many of you forget that sony is a huge company and the game division is just one small part. Have you guys not noticed that every company is cutting their profit forcast? That the world is in a difficult economic time? Did you hear that ICELAND might go bankrupt? This isnt just a sony thing, this is an everybody thing. Well, except apple for some reason.

and probably Nintendo

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

i am impressed if they do profit on this market.