By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - sony cuts profit forecast

article explains itself

quite a cut more than 50% 

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/markets/article4998104.ece

as the article mentions the exchange rate is killing them.... they yen has remiand strong while the euro one of sonys biggest markets, has collapsed in the last 4 months, now only at 1usd=1.28euro=1.02yen

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

They predicted profits of £2.94 billion? That's insanely huge. Didn't think Sony was anything close to that profitable. I would have expected something more in line with their revised forcast but the article says even that is unrealistic.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

This is huge - drop of almost 60%.

People have to remember that more than HALF the fiscal year was already finished - so its a huge downgrade in the remaining months (Nov-March) to affect profit by this much.

This also directly impacts on the PS3 - much less chance of "sooner" price cuts (sorry guys :P).

The stronger yen will no doubt impact Nintendo - but overall sales won't be affected that much. Not too sure about MS, but they are making enough money as it is.

Remember - this is primarily Sony's NON-GAMING divisions being affected - HD TVs and the like.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Of course they have to cut it. It unrealistic for them to expect more. The Wii is the only system that can expect profits of over 3 Billion, because their system actually costs $180 to make, so they are making over $70 over on each unit.

@shams did recognize you with the new avatar. heh whats that from?

Around the Network

LOL @ comment:

Sony deserves this profit slump after the way they have treated Europeans, by delaying the PS3 launch and restricting imports (and also the PSP and PSP White), and then promoting gun usage inside a Manchester cathedral. Hopefully Sony make a loss next year and go under.

Darren, Warrington, England

Religious nutter ^^

Well, there's always government bailout should Sony get in trouble.

papflesje said:
LOL @ comment:

Sony deserves this profit slump after the way they have treated Europeans, by delaying the PS3 launch and restricting imports (and also the PSP and PSP White), and then promoting gun usage inside a Manchester cathedral. Hopefully Sony make a loss next year and go under.

Religious nutter ^^

I made a comment to him saying "Darren you are an Idiot" and for town I put "Stupidsville" and country "Home of the stupids"

papflesje said:
LOL @ comment:

Religious nutter ^^

when they recalled LBP, i thought it was strange since they did not even want to apologies when asked for this incident, which apparently caused a bit of a stir over in england.... but yes that is a retarded comment 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Of course they have to cut it. It unrealistic for them to expect more. The Wii is the only system that can expect profits of over 3 Billion, because their system actually costs $180 to make, so they are making over $70 over on each unit.

This is SONY as a company not the game division.

READING COMPRHENSION IS YOUR FRIEND