By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft Q1 2009 earnings report today (2:30PM PST)

FishyJoe said:
shanbcn said:
So the difference between consoles shipped and sold was around 1.3 million. If same is true for PS3 then Sony shipped around 2.6 million consoles last Q.

Not only is your number incorrect but you can't make a comparison estimate like that based on such data.

So provide the right numbers before saying that my numbers are incorrect. 360 sold 21.13 million as of 27th september, i added 70k for last 3 days (i know these numbers are high for just 3 days). MS shipped 22.5 LTD which mean the diffrence is 1.3 million. My numbers are correct and PS3 shipped figure will be around 2.5-6 million.

Around the Network

Lets hope PS3 numbers are on the up and up too! Its great for gaming!!

shanbcn said:
So the difference between consoles shipped and sold was around 1.3 million. If same is true for PS3 then Sony shipped around 2.6 million consoles last Q.

Naw, and I've brought up this shipped issue well before this.

shanbcn said:
FishyJoe said:
shanbcn said:

Not only is your number incorrect but you can't make a comparison estimate like that based on such data.

So provide the right numbers before saying that my numbers are incorrect. 360 sold 21.13 million as of 27th september, i added 70k for last 3 days (i know these numbers are high for just 3 days). MS shipped 22.5 LTD which mean the diffrence is 1.3 million. My numbers are correct and PS3 shipped figure will be around 2.5-6 million.

Well, there's no reason why there would be the same number of PS3s in retailer's stocks as 360s at any given time. The numbers in stock can vary wildly for each console over time.

Incidentally Jack Tretton said YTD PS3 shipments were up by 100% over last year, which would put PS3 shipments at 2.5m last quarter. I'm skeptical that it's that high though, I'd expect the 100% figure to be pretty rough and assume he's rounding up quite a bit. We'll see on Wednesday anyway.

So how much money have they made on the Xbox 360 now? *I.E. how much of their losses have been offset?*

Tease.

Around the Network

Very good for Microsoft. Pretty decent result. Q3 should be massive. It's almost a given that the FY will be positive now, which is a very good position to be in for MS.

Those $183m in profit are a quarter profit or a year profit?

Billy - Just this most recent quarter.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Billy - Just this most recent quarter.

Profits in spite of the price cuts! Revenue was really high btw, in 2009 they might break 2 billion on non-xmas quarters.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Squilliam said:
So how much money have they made on the Xbox 360 now? *I.E. how much of their losses have been offset?*

Impossible to tell.  The Entertainment and Devices division profits/losses contain a lot of stuff that is not XBox 360 related.