By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War 2 too violent for Germany and Japan

Yeah, this really sucks. I was planning on waiting for the JP release to pick it up(I have the JP version of GeoW 1). I'm guess I'm going to have to get the Asian version(if I can find the LE) or hope that the US version GeoW 2 is region-free again, so I can pick up that one.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

Nothing violent about taking a chainsaw to your enemy and cutting them in half in glorious High-Def while splurts of blood smear the screen.

Their choice. Not like it would have sold that well in Japan anyway.

Hmm, pie.

Japan and Germany get a thumbs down from Caesar. All we need now is for my country to ban it and the holy trinity can be complete.

I'm not sure why Japan banned it. I was hoping to get the Japanese version since I live here and was most likely going to be region free. I guess it's import time for the Asian version, or I may just wait because the game isn't on the top of my list.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LOL MATURE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
LOL MATURE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
If they ban this game, they should ban Resistance 2 for gore elements as well.

LOL... Resistance doesn't have chainsaw bayonets and curb stomps. (and I don't think it has blood splashing on the screen)

Common sense is your friend

They have a gun in the game that shoots saws at people, and i've seen photos from videos in the game of a soldier being ripped in half . The gun also had a holding option where you can saw deep within a person instead of just cutting them. You have very selective memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wixN5g6yOaU

nothing close to what i mentioned

Nice video. Look closely at when the gun dismembered the alien with multiple shots. You can keep shooting the your enemy on the floor as well for extra gore effect. It literally shows piles of body with heads missing dude.

Where is the blood on the screen? Where's the halved bodies? Where's the bones and organs from the bodies? Where's the curb stomps? Where's the executions? Ok so blood squirts out and an arm falls off every so often... big whoop.

Around the Network
LOL MATURE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
LOL MATURE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
LOL MATURE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
If they ban this game, they should ban Resistance 2 for gore elements as well.

LOL... Resistance doesn't have chainsaw bayonets and curb stomps. (and I don't think it has blood splashing on the screen)

Common sense is your friend

They have a gun in the game that shoots saws at people, and i've seen photos from videos in the game of a soldier being ripped in half . The gun also had a holding option where you can saw deep within a person instead of just cutting them. You have very selective memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wixN5g6yOaU

nothing close to what i mentioned

Nice video. Look closely at when the gun dismembered the alien with multiple shots. You can keep shooting the your enemy on the floor as well for extra gore effect. It literally shows piles of body with heads missing dude.

Where is the blood on the screen? Where's the halved bodies? Where's the bones and organs from the bodies? Where's the curb stomps? Where's the executions? Ok so blood squirts out and an arm falls off every so often... big whoop.

I've seen a halved body in the preview of resistance 2. I'm guessing it was a trailer. That video you showed gives proof that theres a saw gun that depending where you hit with multiple or strong shots you can dismember the body of your enemy with lots of blood. If you hold the button and let the gun charge the saw stays in the aliens body sawing away like a crazy machine. They don't need curb stomps because it's a 1st person game. Blood squirts out? A hell of alot of blood does. Just realize that both the PS3 and the 360 will be getting gorey shooters this year. My god, what is the point of continuing? I remember the days when they tried to ban Doom. Both of these games are going to be brutal.

Oh well I guess it's time again for me to import the Austrian version :)

Hate when games are getting banned because they are deemed to be to violent, it's stupid.

It may be banned in Germany, but not so in the glorious republic of Austria.

Most Germans that want to play the game will simply import it from there as it's as easy as it gets.

Haha this is funny and a bit ironic. Both of these countrys were just brutal in WW2 of course we know of the german concentration camps, but man those Japs were savages in WW2, IMO they were almost as bad as the Nazis in that war. Now simple video games are deemed to violent.

I wonder if Germany gets to play Castle Wolfenstein.