By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Brawl

MGS4

LBP

Fallout 3

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
I think Little Big Planet will trump MGS4 for PS3 GOTY personally. LBP is by far the most innovative game between the too.

Gears 2 will probably be 360 GOTY, although given the strong scores Fable II has better chance at it than I thought.

I have no clue as to what the Wii nor PC game of the year will be. The Wii could go with a "core" title like SSBB or a casual title like Wii Fit. The PC has several games that be in the running although since its being released late in the year Fallout 3 probably does have an edge.

LBP trump MGS4? I doubt that, but it's up in the air right now.

^^Little Big Planet is more innovative. MGS4 is by far the more derivative of the two.

Darc Requiem said:
^^Little Big Planet is more innovative. MGS4 is by far the more derivative of the two.

Yes, but LBP is a shot in the dark thats trying to tap a new audience. It's not exactly based off of a hot game, it's only banking off of hype. MGS4 is a much stronger title. It will not sell as much as MGS4.

What does sales have to do with whether a game is GotY or not?

Around the Network

I want to say MGS4 of LBP should win, but I have that lurking suspicion that GTA4 is gonna win. I really hope I'm wrong.

PS3 = LBP or MGS 4
PC = Fallout 3
X360 = GTA IV
Wii = SSBB

Contenders:

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
  2. Grand Theft Auto IV
  3. LittleBigPlanet
  4. Resistance 2
  5. Gears of War 2
  6. Fallout 3
  7. Dead Space
  8. Mirrors Edge
  9. Call of Duty: World at War

Although all of the above have a chance at taking the crown, the real contenders will end up alot smaller and the top 5 will be:

Real Top 5:

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
  2. Grand Theft Auto IV
  3. LittleBigPlanet
  4. Gears of War 2
  5. Fallout 3

And if I was to put money on what game will win it...at the moment, I reckon it would be GTAIV

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Gears of War 2 game of the year !

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

MGS4 should win - hands down...but I can see GTAIV winning from a lot of places.