By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Need help with game selection... Please??

Well, I don't really want to get 2 shooters this year since I mainly want to focus on one. I plan on picking up Bioshock anytime I get the chance but that is only an offline Single Player shooter. I also want a an Online shooter. And something I can play for hours without bordem like CoD4.

Multiplayer -

Socom - My brother already has it, and it would be pretty cool to play with him and his PSN friends. I have nothing wrong with socom, and I really want the headset. But I also really want Resistance 2, A game that he's on the edge about getting. He doesn't really find Resistance interesting, although he's quite hyped about Killzone 2 next year [and so am I].

Resistance 2 - I like the fact there are 2 campaigns and the Online component seems to be going for some serious lasting appeal. It's definatly something I want more than Socom, but I also really want the PS Headset since my Jabra is pretty much crap... 40$ crap that came with a busted charger to be exact.... [i've been using a usb cord to charge it...]. Played Bioshock Demo, CoD4 and Socom today at my bro's and got to use the headset for CoD4, and am still wondering should I go with Resistance for an awesome game, or Socom for a good game with an Awesome headset.

SO which one???

And just for the heck of it...

Single Player -

Bioshock - Love the atmosphere, the dark theme. The fact that it's more than just guns [the whole lightning and fire hand thing was sick]. And all of the reviews i've read tell me that this game has one hell of a story, and I love an awesome story. However am really wondering if I'll get enough play hours for my money.....

Far Cry 2 - Yes, I've said that I don't merit a purchase for this game in a thread yesterday, but hey, I just wanna make sure I get the best games possible..... From what I understand this game has alot of depth in the way you can play it and carry out missions. It's alot like a sandbox shooter which caught my interest. And I can get alot of play hours from it. But I don't know of I can get the mechanics or story in this game that's on the same level as Bioshock.

So what do you think??

Am just asking for some different opinions on these 4 games. Thanks.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Bioshock is great, i'm having a lot of fun with it atm. Socom online is ment to be broken atm, but they should patch it. Resistance 2 looks cool

well if you just want an online shooter than SOCOM hands down.

Resistance has a good mix of a good single player (and totally different split screen campaign) as well as an epic 60 player online.

blazinhead89 said:
Bioshock is great, i'm having a lot of fun with it atm. Socom online is ment to be broken atm, but they should patch it. Resistance 2 looks cool

This will go into consideration.

4 ≈ One

coolestguyever said:
well if you just want an online shooter than SOCOM hands down.

Resistance has a good mix of a good single player (and totally different split screen campaign) as well as an epic 60 player online.

Yes, but an awesome shooter with and amazing online component is also good.

This is also a reason why am not just straight up "SOCOM ALL THE WAY!!", Resistance seems to be covering all the bases and doing it quite well. Only plusses I have for socom is that it's 3rd person [which I like more], and that head set is awesome.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

@Dgc1808 . You have to get on your PS3 1st

blazinhead89 said:
@Dgc1808 . You have to get on your PS3 1st

Still waiting for it T_T.... Hopefully it get's back to me sometime next week....

4 ≈ One

Only because you said please.

So, Socom is getting low scores because it has only multiplayer, and when it comes to multiplayer, its Busted,Broken and Buggy.I can't recommend this anyone new on series,only for hardcore socom fans.

Resistance2: It has been hyped as best online game ever,and It has good singleplayer.But this is must buy for any who plays multiplayer,you can play with your friends, it it has 64 as max player = Huge.

Bioshock = If you haven't played,PLAY IT.

Far Cry 2 = If you have played Bioshock,this looks very nice but athmosphere is something else compared to great athmosphere at Bioshock.Shooting looks good and great graphics.

But watch Reviews and videos of these games before you buy it.

Take my love, take my land..

Simulacrum said:

So, Socom is getting low scores because it has only multiplayer, and when it comes to multiplayer, its Busted,Broken and Buggy.I can't recommend this anyone new on series,only for hardcore socom fans.

Resistance2: It has been hyped as best online game ever,and It has good singleplayer.But this is must buy for any who plays multiplayer,you can play with your friends, it it has 64 as max player = Huge.

Far Cry 2 = If you have played Bioshock,this looks very nice but athmosphere is something else compared to great athmosphere at Bioshock.Shooting looks good and great graphics.

Lol. Thanks.

I think I'll get Resistance and then Socom later on when it's less buggy.. probably not an earlier than 1.5 months after I pick up Resistance.

And am leaning more towards Bioshock.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Simulacrum said:

Lol. Thanks.

I think I'll get Resistance and then Socom later on when it's less buggy.. probably not an earlier than 1.5 months after I pick up Resistance.

And am leaning more towards Bioshock.

Btw,here is what metacritic hase given these (Score is for several other sites reviews combined)

Bioshock = 95

Far Cry 2 = 87

Socom = 57

And also, if you have Pc which can run Bioshock, you can get it like 19€?Versus Ps3 version 69€?

Take my love, take my land..