By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony has the strongest Lineup this holiday season

Words Of Wisdom said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Remove the games with PC versions and the lists become a whole lot more meaningful to people like myself.

It also becomes more meaningful to Sony fanboys. From what I understand, the arguemnt isn't who has the strongest library of exclusive games, judging from the topic, it's which console has a better lineup this christmas, PS3 or 360. L4D gives the 360 a major edge. Don't act like you don't realize that. Saying "L4D is on the PC" is a way for PS3 fans to marginalize the game, in an attempt to make their library look comparitively better, and it's silly.

Um... I just said it makes the list more meaningful to people like myself which it does.

If it's on the PC, that's where I'd rather buy it (for obvious reasons). 

Whatever is left is effectively that console's "holiday lineup" to me.

I see your point. For you it means more to take it out.

But I will say that the game being on PC will not affect the console sales at all. I cant afford t upgrade my PC to play the latest games every year. The console versions at the moment are not ever as far away as people make out. My mates PC plays Crysis on Ultra at an average of 49 FPS. Assasins Creed and Gears for instance dont look much different at all to be honest from the 360 versions.

Around the Network
thejuicingamer said:
@ strategy,
Fable 2, about 4 years late :)
Gears 2, more like 1.5
Left 4 dead, on PC also,
Banjo, come on this should be on the Wii

Fable 2 4 years late ...what??  Fable 2 is currenlty on metacrtic as a AAA game

Gears 2 sint even out so how can you say its 1.5?  Resistance 2 is what 1.25??

Left 4 dead is on the PC but a console exclusive and last time I checked not on the PS3

Banjo is a great addtion my kids and I are pshyced for it I applaud 360 for trying to get this to more of afmaily oriented console cause all the games above Banjo are M

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

I am willing to admit the sony line up by some could be considered better, I can also see some people saying the 360 is stronger its based on taste and they are both going to be great.

Ironically the WII has the weakest and the WII will sell the most by far

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Words Of Wisdom said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Remove the games with PC versions and the lists become a whole lot more meaningful to people like myself.

It also becomes more meaningful to Sony fanboys. From what I understand, the arguemnt isn't who has the strongest library of exclusive games, judging from the topic, it's which console has a better lineup this christmas, PS3 or 360. L4D gives the 360 a major edge. Don't act like you don't realize that. Saying "L4D is on the PC" is a way for PS3 fans to marginalize the game, in an attempt to make their library look comparitively better, and it's silly.

Um... I just said it makes the list more meaningful to people like myself which it does.

If it's on the PC, that's where I'd rather buy it (for obvious reasons). 

Whatever is left is effectively that console's "holiday lineup" to me.

Yes, but it might be the holiday lineup for you, but it's the holiday lineup for the console itself. Should we leave games you might not be purchasing off our lists? You implied as much.

Not that you meant it, but "lets pretend like certain games don't exist because of XXX opinion" sounds like a fanboy argument to me.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Also, for god sakes, PS3 fans, stop listing Socom. It has a 6/10 average, and you're just using it as a bullet point, now.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

LOL I finally learned the definition of a AAA title.

"This refers to a game of the highest quality. IDG defines AAA titles as those ranking among the top 5 titles based on unit sales of the year."

Source:http://www.jimjagger.com/JPages/JTutorials/Tut_Glossary.htm

So in essence the only AAA consoles left were LBP, Resistance on Sony and Gears 2 and Fable II which just came out. Obviously since AAA is based on the amount of Units sold, Fable II and Gears will win out.

BTW, this whole topic is opinion, but if you think R2, LBP, and Motostorm beat out G2, Fable 2, and L4D, then you're a completely different game than me, lol. I think Banjo + TLR = Socom + VC, is being very generous to the PS3 side of things, but it's obvious that there is no clear winner, so I dub this...a fanboy topic.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

In terms of review scores I believe the 360 lineup will come out on top this year. However in terms of sales it could be really close because LittleBigPlanet is getting such a huge push with all the bundles and marketing. Left 4 Dead is going to be a solid 8.5 to 9.0 I think and Banjo is a wild card game. It could get as high as 9.5 but it could also go into the low 8s maybe even high 7s making it really hard to guess how it'll do sales wise. Also I haven't seen any marketing for the game yet which worries me a little, but MSoft has done well with their ads recently. As for Gears 2 vs. Resistance 2, I'm gonna back Gears 2 in sales and say it could be an honest toss up in review scores. Resistance 2 has to bring out a better campaign though, and it's also got to deal with being an FPS which is a much more crowded genre than the 3rd person shooters.

My god, Words of Wisdom is right. You guys should remove Left 4 Dead. It also comes out on the PC too... i just found out -1 exclusive game. That leaves 4 games. 3 of them being exclusive.

So by what S.T.A.G.E. says, only exclusive games. That leaves only 3 good 360 games. The Last Remnant don't count.

fayewong said:

My god, Words of Wisdom is right. You guys should remove Left 4 Dead. It also comes out on the PC too... i just found out -1 exclusive game. That leaves 4 games. 3 of them being exclusive.

So by what S.T.A.G.E. says, only exclusive games. That leaves only 3 good 360 games. The Last Remnant don't count.

Wrong again Sally (LOL) Last Remnant is what is known as a timed exclusive. It's still exclusive until PS3 the version comes out. Hehe. Heres another example of a timed exclusive: GTA 3. PC games are not console games. Console version games are exclusive to respective consoles, especially when not allowed on another console. :)