By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony has the strongest Lineup this holiday season

Hey, Don't forget these BEAUTYS coming to a 360 near you in 2009

APB (All Points Bulliten)...... MMO from the creators of crackdown
Huxley........... MMO/FPS game, one to watch out for
Velvet assassin.......... Shaping up nicely
Dead island......... FPS zombie game
Forza 3........ You know its inevitable
The protector....... Wow, its an FPS/Puzzle/Stealth game...... Has lots of potential

We know about ps3's 2009 line up because ps3 fanboys always talk about them, Well, Its time to talk back........................

Add these the the others mentioned like Alan wake, Halo wars and Splinter cell: conviction and its clear for anyone to see that the 360 is gonna be just as strong as anybody next year and therefore will continue to prosper

Around the Network
masterb8tr said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
psrock said:
Sony was supposed to have the biggest lineup this holiday, however most of the big games got moved to 2009. As far I am concern, Gears of War 2 is the biggest game this Holiday season plus all the wii games. As much as i hope LBP and Resistance will be big, Sony has fallen short on their promises. Wait till next year, I guess.

I agree that I thought 2008 was going to be Sony's year. All the more even though it was disappointing at it's peak hype, but still better than last year i'm still buying a PS3. Lets see what we've got for next year shall we?

2009 list of hot exclusive titles for Xbox 360

--------------------------------------------

Halo Wars (AAA)

Halo 3: Recon (AAA)

Star Ocean: The Last Hope (Exclusive until PS3 version is announced)

Alan Wake (AAA)

Banjo Tooie

Blue Dragon 2

Mass Effect 2 (AAA)

N3:Ninety-Nine Nights II

Splinter Cell: Conviction (AAA) wouldnt be to sure about that

Forza 3 (AAA) Newly added

Huxley (Newly Added)

Dead Island (Newly Added)

2009 List of hot PS3 titles

--------------------------------

InFamous (AAA)

KZ2 (AAA)

The Agency

Heist

Fat Princess

Ratchet & Clank: Future (sequel) AAA

Eye Pet: Your Virtual Pet this is far from hot

DC Universe Online

FFXIII: Versus (AAA)

Flower

Gran Turismo 5 (AAA) 09? perhaps or 2010

Heavy Rain(judging by previews, AAA. ALthough it is not certain.)

god of war 3

Next year should be interesting. Lets see what becomes of it.

My response:

----------------

-The Splinter Cell franchise has sold over 20 M+ copies. It's AAA, trust me. It's also a 9.0 or better game.

-Eye Pet is far from hot to me, but it's Supposed to be Sony's answer to the Nintendo Wii, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. It should attract females and children. LBP is supposed to be an answer to the Wii (Which it won't be), but I still gave it the benefit of the doubt.

-FFXIII is not a timed exclusive on the PS3. The PS3 version will come out the same day as the 360 version. I'll strike that from the PS3 exclusive list. Versus is the only PS3 Exclusive FFXIII game. The PC version is the first version of the game that will be completed, then the PS3 version and the 360 version. Of course...the 360 version can be completed quicker though.

-Thanks to the other guy I realized that Huxley, Dead Island and Forza 3 needed to be added.

-God of War 3 doesn't have a date yet to come out. It's most likely going to come out Q1 2010. It's TBA without a year.

-Gran Turismo 5 is listed for 2009 on IGN.com Release sheet.

Fat Princess will be huge. Literally.
And Splinter Cell was AAA before Double Agent, which barely scraped by with AA.
Back in the days of Chaos Theory, it was one of the greatest series of all time and second in its genre only to MGS.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Fat Princess will be huge. Literally.
And Splinter Cell was AAA before Double Agent, which barely scraped by with AA.
Back in the days of Chaos Theory, it was one of the greatest series of all time and second in its genre only to MGS.

What are you talking about? Splinter Cell is Microsofts AAA. Double Agent average 9's in reviews.

360 has had a better line up every year up until this christmas which I would say is even with the PS3nd next year both look to have great line ups again. The 360 has done and awesome job this generation with games

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network

Huxley shouldn't be on the 360's list... its not exclusive.. it will be on PC and be 100% better on PC.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

RAH you are so annoying with your *pre puberty voice of a 14 years old acne invaded moron geek* "nah it's not XB exclusive it's on PC" look at it any way you want it's not PC exclusive it's Microsoft exclusive...... you don't run on an MS platform or OS you can't play.... who is retarded enough not to get that concept ???? they have game for windows for a reason... why should they reduce their market just to have a couple of hard headed people say yeah it's 100% exclusive..... it's exclusive to MS.... that's why we have a microsoft forum and not an XB forum... trust me if sony was running their own OS they'll do exactly the same......

now the list.... was it supposed to be sarcastic ????

1) LBP... that game that is closer to a physic engine tech demo with a background mapped and drawn by a 5 years old who happened to find a box of crayola... that goes from left to right... like platformers i was playing 20 years ago ????

2) resistance 2... not a chance to do better than gears 2

3) Motorstorm 2.... well another tech demo for the first one... not worth the price... but it's a nice game i'll give you that...

4) socom.... like you said for hardcore fans... so not really a line up pusher...

now i'm not saying any line up is better... but this is not a sexy line up IMO

and just a note about lips versus singstar.... regional bundles OK?????? well lips can run any DRM free mp3 you have on your MP3 player or any storage device... wait a second napster just got its entire library DRM free... itune and amazon are following... so there you go singstar just got buried in one click

endimion said:
RAH you are so annoying with your *pre puberty voice of a 14 years old acne invaded moron geek* "nah it's not XB exclusive it's on PC" look at it any way you want it's not PC exclusive it's Microsoft exclusive...... you don't run on an MS platform or OS you can't play.... who is retarded enough not to get that concept ???? they have game for windows for a reason... why should they reduce their market just to have a couple of hard headed people say yeah it's 100% exclusive..... it's exclusive to MS.... that's why we have a microsoft forum and not an XB forum... trust me if sony was running their own OS they'll do exactly the same......

1) LBP... that game that is closer to a physic engine tech demo with a background mapped and drawn by a 5 years old who happened to find a box of crayola... that goes from left to right... like platformers i was playing 20 years ago ????

3) Motorstorm 2.... well another tech demo for the first one... not worth the price... but it's a nice game i'll give you that...

4) socom.... like you said for hardcore fans... so not really a line up pusher...

and just a note about lips versus singstar.... regional bundles OK?????? well lips can run any DRM free mp3 you have on your MP3 player or any storage device... wait a second napster just got its entire library DRM free... itune and amazon are following... so there you go singstar just got buried in one click

you are.. nevermind..

I'll go through your flamebait..

1. You realize you can play games on Macs and Linux too right? Well how about that. Games for Windows? I dont buy any PC games with that label on it. And you missed my point because The Agency shouldnt be on the PS3's list of exclusives due to its PC version.

2. SOCOM - it really isnt for just the hardcore. Its just that the majority of the fanbase is from the PS2 era. PS2 era gamers = hardcore?

3. Who cares if LIPs has one feature better then the other. When does feature A and B matter when SingStar is a well known name and LIPs isnt.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I think PS3 lineup is way better. I'll buy GeOW2 thats about it.... No matter if the angry quartz gets mad because I disagree with him!!

ssj12 said:
endimion said:

you are.. nevermind..

I'll go through your flamebait..

1. You realize you can play games on Macs and Linux too right? Well how about that. Games for Windows? I dont buy any PC games with that label on it. And you missed my point because The Agency shouldnt be on the PS3's list of exclusives due to its PC version.

2. SOCOM - it really isnt for just the hardcore. Its just that the majority of the fanbase is from the PS2 era. PS2 era gamers = hardcore?

3. Who cares if LIPs has one feature better then the other. When does feature A and B matter when SingStar is a well known name and LIPs isnt.

Having the game on PC wont affect the console sales. As it's exclusive to 360 its console exclusive. Also SCOM is Niche. Look at sales. And it will matter to everyone if they can play any song they have downloaded to their IPOD with Lips. Gee with just a touch of marketing about this feature and I guarentee Lips doubles the sales of Singstar. What would that be like 50 songs on Singstar verses thousands?????