By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSM says Fallout 3 better on PC/360 than PS#...ouch!

At least PSM is being honest, I respect that.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

Around the Network

I thought they said 360 was the lead platform on this one? Ever since i heard that I figured 360 would get the edge; can you blame them for developing with most of their oblivion fanbase in mind?

greenmedic88 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:
@Montana

WHy would it be expected? Oblivion when released on the PS3 was superior on the PS3 than on the 360?

Why would fallout be worst?

I think they had extra development time for the PS3, like a year extra, and it barely looked better. :P

360 version now has exclusive DLC and undeniably looks better.

Everytime a 360 game looks worse, you blame it on 360 hardware reaching its limit. Everytime the PS3 version looks worse you blame the developers. Isn't that correct?

Either way, the 360 version is clearly the version to purchase here:

A. Custom Soundtracks

B. Achievements(trophies aren't an equal replacement until they become requesite)

C. Exclusive DLC

D. Better graphics

E. Less pop-ins and glitches

No wonder PSM gave it a 9/10 and OXM gave it a 10/10. Sounds like they both got it right.

Not a deal breaker for the PS3 version, but mutliplatform owners might wanna choose the 360 version.

Note: I realize this post has certain flaws in logic, and I've be very willing to discuss them, if you would like to bring them up. Namely the disadvantages of the PS3 version being worth a whole point, but I was just pointing out the difference in the scores and their possible cause.

For the same reason that most people buy Wii editions of multi-plat games: it's their only console.

If you don't have a 360 and you're interested in Fallout 3, the choice is pretty obvious.

Of course if you have both, odds are you also have a decent gaming PC, in which case... skip the 360 version as well unless you really, really, REALLY like achievement points.

I'm not sure, is the 360 exclusive DLC also available on the PC?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

What? Another multi title is better on 360?
Nothing new here.

PS3 owners need to stop acting like a ostrich and to face the truth.
Eurogamer gives all "Xbox 360 vs PS3 Face-Off" to 360. It is 14:0! Yes 360 loose in some games, but win or is equal in the majority! It also win both Bonus Rounds - The Orange Box and GTA IV. Blame Sony, blame developers, blame PS3, blame whoever you want, but it is obvious that PS3 is not the graphical monster many of you think it is.

At least PSM is being honest. Respect!

The PS3 still is the "graphical monster" it is. I don't need to look further than games like MGS4, Uncharted, R2 or GT5P to accept it.

But unless multi-plat ports start displaying better use of the hardware, I'll be buying less and less of them, if not none at all for the PS3 in the future and just stick to platform exclusives.

In regards to the exclusive DLC on the 360, considering that I won't likely be playing the game enough to see all the non-exclusive content, it's pretty irrelevant, particularly when no one even knows what that exclusive content is.

Never got to Nights of Nine or Shivering Isles back when I was playing Oblivion, so even if it's any different for Fallout, that should just about cover my desire to play with the title without waiting for episodic content/expansion packs/whatever.

And the last big exclusive DLC for the 360 version of a multi-plat title would be GTAIV. Remember the stink everyone made about that? Does anyone even care six months later?

But according to Todd Howard from six months ago, the DLC was said to be on 360 and PC.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
kingofwale said:
wait wait.... So PSM say something negative about PS3, fanboys take it as the "bible". but when they say something postive about PS3, it's all about "biased"?

TAKE YOUR BLOODY SIDE, who they hell are you? John Kerry? Make up your mind if PSM is a credible reviewer or not. Geez

Check the motostorm review thread when I said that the Motostorm review proved that the PSM wasn't biased. I've always stuck up for OXM as well.

I don't read magazine (or reviews) from any of the 3 "official" console magazines. If I want to read blind fanboyism, I will just go read one of dozen's Starcraft's "GotY" game review on xbox360.

I rather go by reviews from less 'biased' sources.. IGN, Gamespot... so on.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Its pretty simple the 360 and PC hold the same architecture since the biggest platform for this game is the PC and 360, they developed the game for the PC+360 and are porting it over to the PS3.

The issue with ports is you are taking the weakness of the 360+pc version and adding the PS3 which inherently makes it worse. As people have mentioned if you drop it months later you can re write a lot of code to fix most of the issues.

This is going to be a common theme with most muti plat games because the PC/360 market is going to be bigger than the PS3 for the next couple of years.

Last gen PS2 was the dominate platform so all games were developed for that and ported to the other players, this is the advantage you get for having a bigger user base. Plus the 360 gets to add PC people to there numbers.

But seriously if you own a PS3 only your getting a great game still

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

I don't get it.

Bethesda put all this work into Oblivion on PS3, yet all that work doesn't seem to have found it's way into Fallout 3.

That just doesn't make sense to me.

omg sad to know this!!!
i was planning to buy the game at first , now i may just hold back on this game =="

kingofwale said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
kingofwale said:
wait wait.... So PSM say something negative about PS3, fanboys take it as the "bible". but when they say something postive about PS3, it's all about "biased"?

TAKE YOUR BLOODY SIDE, who they hell are you? John Kerry? Make up your mind if PSM is a credible reviewer or not. Geez

Check the motostorm review thread when I said that the Motostorm review proved that the PSM wasn't biased. I've always stuck up for OXM as well.

I don't read magazine (or reviews) from any of the 3 "official" console magazines. If I want to read blind fanboyism, I will just go read one of dozen's Starcraft's "GotY" game review on xbox360.

I rather go by reviews from less 'biased' sources.. IGN, Gamespot... so on.

Cool, but since PSM has put it in their heads, they're gonna tell you the exact same thing about the game, I'd bet.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.