By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSM says Fallout 3 better on PC/360 than PS#...ouch!

There's no much more to say about htis topic, when PSM says it all for me:

http://www.lazygamer.co.za/xbox-360/ps3-compares-poorly-to-the-360-on-fallout-3-according-to-the-playstation-magazine

"PSM has come out to clarify this point. Apparently the PS3 version is SLIGHTLY worse than the 360 version and the difference is purely down to a slightly choppier framerate and the objects are jaggier/rougher in the distance, not to mention that they textures are muddier up close. The 360 version looks better but it’s not like the PS3 version is bad so if you only have a PS3 don’t panic you will still love the game."

I'm getting it on the 360, rather than my PC, since playing it on the 42" is better than on my 20", although getting it for my PC would be better, since I'd be able to play, while on travel...hmmm...so many choices!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

It was pretty much expected, to be honest.

it is honest of them

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@Montana

WHy would it be expected? Oblivion when released on the PS3 was superior on the PS3 than on the 360?

Why would fallout be worst?

mM

PSM is biased or whatever the spelling is :P

Around the Network
leo-j said:
@Montana

WHy would it be expected? Oblivion when released on the PS3 was superior on the PS3 than on the 360?

Why would fallout be worst?

oblivion on ps3 is released ages after the xbox360 version

more time working on the engine which they didn't had on fallout

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Because oblivion dropped how many months later?

It'd be a travisty if Oblivion was worse on the PS3 (which is probably why some people are pissed at Bioshock PS3)

axumblade said:
CAL4M1TY said:
Because oblivion dropped how many months later?

It'd be a travisty if Oblivion was worse on the PS3 (which is probably why some people are pissed at Bioshock PS3)

I wasn't aware of this. Only thing i've heard negatively about Bioshock for the PS3 was there was such a long wait for it.

I think he meant the fact that the PS3 version of Bioshock is not graphically/visually superior to the 360 release.

But the PS3 version does have extra content and is visually identicle. So that is +1 Sony.

@OP: The fact that Fallout is not as good on PS3 means that I will have to buy it for the 360. I hope the 360 hardware can hold out for all those hours of playtime. (I mean that seriously, not trying to flame). Plus the fact that it has achievements and the PS3 version does not have trophies for some retarded reason.

Trophies are absolutely a selling point. Developers should get their shit together.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

I think the reason for this is because FALLOUT 3 has no install..

mM

It's a PC to PS3 port, I think. And it's worse because of architecture differences. Mirror's Edge has the PS3 as its lead platform - let's see how that works out :)