By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Japan numbers - ouch!

5K?

does anybody think thats a little low?

on the other hand, it looks like the xbox's inifnite undiscovery boost is wearing off

Around the Network

I'll copy/paste my reply from another thread...

As for Japan, you can see the PS3 numbers go down because of two reasons: A season in which Japan doesn't sell much HW (PSP's nice though), and the foreboding for the release of the PS3 80 GB is Japan - which screwed up its sales pretty much like the price drop announcment by MS, the latest one, which dropped the 360 to 1k on that week, only to shoot for the stars with 30k in the next. Expect something similar with the PS3.

You worry early.

wearing off????

the xbox360 is still above the 1 - 2 k levels it has been on for ages

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The infinite undiscovery boost had been worn off..they only sold 1k more consoles last week, and about the same the week before if I'm not mistaken?

5k isn't bad when 360 only sold a little more..but honestly, below 10k is horrible for either console, either way you look at it - just my opinion though.

Ouch is correct, but I agree with Xen, it won't stay this way for very long.

Around the Network

Thanks for info Xen, I wasn't aware that this type of thing was seasonal in Japan

:O less than 5k :O!!!! nothing can fix this for a while

^_^

kirby007 said:
wearing off????

Typical reply.. Apparently, you don't know.. So i'll tell you.

Its been selling higher then PS3 for ages? You should cut down on the crack a bit, the 360 wins like 4 weeks over PS3 and all of the sudden its ages? Did you forget all those, weaks, months, hell even years that the PS3 outsold 360 in japan?

Exactly.

skeezer said:
:O less than 5k :O!!!! nothing can fix this for a while

sarcasm?

but no seriously, if you think about it, I think my hometown alone sold more ps3's last week than all of japan, lol

on another note, can we say that the ps3 will be outsold by the 360 this week yet again?

Smashed said:
kirby007 said:
wearing off????

Typical reply.. Apparently, you don't know.. So i'll tell you.

Its been selling higher then PS3 for ages? You should cut down on the crack a bit, the 360 wins like 4 weeks over PS3 and all of the sudden its ages? Did you forget all those, weaks, months, hell even years that the PS3 outsold 360 in japan?

Exactly.

I think he was saying 360 was down at 1-2k for ages, which admitted that it was getting beaten badly.  So now, in comparison, he says it's doing well.  Which is true.

I still think the numbers are consistent with the IU boost, yes, wearing off.  Residual higher numbers are because the 360 is so so so cheap now.