By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Records to be broken this gen?

records broken? most "party" games ever made :p

that'll actually happen too....sigh. I don't particularly like the bundled games counted either, but if wii sports stays bundled it should become no 1. Hopefully N starts putting a better pack-in with it, though doubtful.

I absolutely do not think the Wii will beat the PS2, and who started counting "dous" of home and handheld sales, that sounds as bad as Sonys spin.

As for fighting games I'd like to see how SC IV shapes up.

Around the Network

@ Vizunary: I'm almost positive we broke the record for amount of shooters made in a generation, which honestly I think is even sadder than minigames.

Halo 3: Best selling shooter of all time. I can easily see this happening with the fact that Halo game sales are on a rise and the 360 is significantly more popular than the original Xbox.

SSBB: If it has online will without even the slightest doubt become the best selling fighting game of all time, if it does not there is no guarantee, but still a strong chance.

Super Mario Galaxy: There is a chance (chance I say! Don't crucify me for this fanboys!) that this will be the best selling non-bundled game of all time.

@naznatips, yes you're right, but I don't particularly like those either, good call on SMG too. What currently has that crown?

Super Mario Bros 3 at 18 million.

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

thanks wangfoo, not many more than gt3 though, but with the smaller base that's impressive.

Around the Network
vizunary said:
thanks wangfoo, not many more than gt3 though, but with the smaller base that's impressive.

Yeah, it's a lofty goal and a lot to ask of Super Mario Galaxy.  However, I think it is possible because New Super Mario Bros. is going to break 10 million on the DS, a system with a very similar user base to the Wii.  Mario 64 sold almost 12 million on the N64, which ended it's life at what is very likely to be signifficantly less than half of the Wii's user base.  Super Mario Sunshine only sold 5.91 million, but the game was a disappoinment to Mario fans.  By all accounts from people who played the demo at E3 Super Mario Galaxy feels like the true successor to the great industry defining game that was Super Mario 64.  With a much larger userbase and a game that would appeal to both casuals and core gamers, if SMG is well advertised I can see it having a chance of reaching the sales of Super Mario Bros. 3.

vizunary said:

Yeah GT is really close. So is GTA.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Super Mario Bros. 3 ahh the memories.