By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - U.S. Attach Ratio Shows Xbox 360 Shooting Ahead

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=20713

Good numbers for the 360 and ps3 whith both seeing increases.

Around the Network

Good to see that the Wii/PS3 are edging higher. Very surprised that PS3 owners don't own more games.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

^clutching straws anyone?

look at the install base of 360 v ps3 in NA its not a fair attach rate comparison

a fair comparison would be the EU attach rates as both ps3 and 360 are similar install base.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

@rolstoppable - Since these are lifetime tie ratios, usually the console that has been on the market has an advantage. The 360's 12 - 18 month headstart is reflected in these numbers.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Reading the full analysis from gamasutra, it will be interesting to see sales for the month of october, cause their analyst suppect that the 360 is getting it's new sales from the PS2 crowd.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3820/npd_behind_the_numbers_september_.php

...So far this year the Wii has sold the most software for 2008 which in turn we see an increase in it's attach ratio. If Wii hardware sales crazy like analyst thinks we will see that attach rate go down like a 5 dollar whore*.

*traditionally it's been a 2 dollar whore, but with the current economy we're see an increase.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Good to see that the Wii/PS3 are edging higher. Very surprised that PS3 owners don't own more games.

Attach rates mean absolutely nothing nowadays.  Why?  They don't include downloaded games.  Literally, I own over 30 games for my PS3 altogether if you include both disc-based and DLC, which IMO, should most certainly be included in those numbers.

I understand why it's not, because it'd be very hard to track, but it should be.  Regardless, I have more than the average for all 3 systems, even if you only include disc-based games.

attach rates will be better for consoles that have been on the market longer, for systems that sell slower and for consoles that are often when they are not balanced in demographics very well.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

RolStoppable said:
dbot said:
@rolstoppable - Since these are lifetime tie ratios, usually the console that has been on the market has an advantage. The 360's 12 - 18 month headstart is reflected in these numbers.

That's true, but Skeeuk didn't go in that direction with his argument, instead he chose to do the opposite by wanting a comparison for Europe, where the 360 has been on the market for an even longer time than in America compared to the PS3.

well actually i compared both combined lifetime and install base, but EU is a better look for attach ratio as they have similar install bases.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...