By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

i would spit at steve jobs if ever see him.

m$ is crap but are much shittier trying to make them look worse just for you to look better.

this is same thing motorola did to samsung few years ago where they posted videos of the ultra slim samsung phone breaking.

but then then look what happen motorola its loosing money marketshare and lost its 2nd place to samsung and and i think this year they lost 3rd and to either LG and sony ericsson.

-1 repect american companies.

Around the Network

Bwahahahaha!!

I mock both MS and Mac, heheheh.

/linux user

DirtyP2002 said:

isn't it illegal to say your competitor or a certain product sucks? I know it is in Germany/Europe. So this won't be shown here.

Certainly not in Australia, most people just see in as bad business sense.

Most adverts do not contain facts, or attempt to persuade, they act subliminally to improve brand recognition, so if you mention your competitor (even in a negative light) they still gain brand recognition.

Microsoft's commercials have been given bigger budgets as opposed to Apple's simpler single studio setups. It's like they want to make AAA ads to win over the public's hearts (and souls), very bad investment for conveying an arguably very insignificant message. Pretty much like using a sledge hammer to drive a screw driver.

Phrancheyez said:
Squilliam said:
Strange... Btw Apples is releasing security updates at a rate and quantity thats far higher than Microsoft. So I think perhaps they should be using the money to plug some leaks eh?

Exactly..but the simple fact is, these commercials reach out to people who aren't truly 'informed'..they do things based on what they see and the perception of the general population.  Since the majority of these people aren't as tech savvy as say you or I, they're going to jump on Apples bandwagon.  It's a contradictory commercial, but Apple made it first..the only way to rebuttle it would be to come out with some sort of Presidential Campaign-like ad dissing Apple and stating 'the facts!' as politicians like to call it, which won't happen.  I think MS is taking the right route so far.  Attacking your oponents this way, in my opinion, it's showing desperation and weakness.  I don't think MS should stoop to that level.

Bingo.  It's crazy how people don't notice that Apple ads spend virtually ZERO time talking about what Apple computers actually do.  They just lie about things Windows DOESN'T do, and it actually DOES most of the things that they say it doesn't do.

Around the Network
Domicinator said:
Phrancheyez said:
Squilliam said:
Strange... Btw Apples is releasing security updates at a rate and quantity thats far higher than Microsoft. So I think perhaps they should be using the money to plug some leaks eh?

Exactly..but the simple fact is, these commercials reach out to people who aren't truly 'informed'..they do things based on what they see and the perception of the general population.  Since the majority of these people aren't as tech savvy as say you or I, they're going to jump on Apples bandwagon.  It's a contradictory commercial, but Apple made it first..the only way to rebuttle it would be to come out with some sort of Presidential Campaign-like ad dissing Apple and stating 'the facts!' as politicians like to call it, which won't happen.  I think MS is taking the right route so far.  Attacking your oponents this way, in my opinion, it's showing desperation and weakness.  I don't think MS should stoop to that level.

Bingo.  It's crazy how people don't notice that Apple ads spend virtually ZERO time talking about what Apple computers actually do.  They just lie about things Windows DOESN'T do, and it actually DOES most of the things that they say it doesn't do.

Smack! I here it will do you good.  The fact is Apple commercials are fun, they're not informative because informative is boring.  That's what websites are for.  Commercials are supposed to be fun (not desperate like MS's I'm a pc), that's just how it works.

I remember fun commercials more than informative ones... That's how it works. Apple is doing a good job at that.

Jo21 said:

m$ is crap but are much shittier trying to make them look worse just for you to look better.

this is same thing motorola did to samsung few years ago where they posted videos of the ultra slim samsung phone breaking.

but then then look what happen motorola its loosing money marketshare and lost its 2nd place to samsung and and i think this year they lost 3rd and to either LG and sony ericsson.

Why are you taking that so seriously????

I think that ad was hilarious and extremely well made. I think Microsoft's ads were really good as well.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:
Jo21 said:

I think that ad was hilarious and extremely well made. I think Microsoft's ads were really good as well.

because hell there is a thing its an advertise,  you have to back up your strong points not your enemy bad ones, i think it's shameful to have those kinds of ads on tv.

hell if it was a joke youtube video i would laugh about this but this will be shown at the consumer on tv and pure bullshit.

if nintendo/sony made an ad showing tons of 360 RRODing. awesome, fun but disrepectful.

show them balls and show how really great your product is instead of making others look worse.

Jo21 said:
Godot said:
Jo21 said:

because hell there is a thing its an advertise,  you have to back up your strong points not your enemy bad ones, i think it's shameful to have those kinds of ads on tv.

hell if it was a joke youtube video i would laugh about this but this will be shown at the consumer on tv and pure bullshit.

if nintendo/sony made an ad showing tons of 360 RRODing. awesome, fun but disrepectful.

show them balls and show how really great your product is instead of making others look worse.

Shhh... don't give Sony any ideas, the reps might be watching.