By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Top Ten -19th October

i don't think new PS3 SKU will have impact.

it is good to see 360 still what ? 6 weeks more than ps3.

Around the Network
aavidbacon said:
@ Darc, the 80gb will not crasily increase ps3 numbers, but will indeed put it back at 10k-16k, in oposition to 5k. At the release day of the new sku I expect 20-30k and then a downward trend towards 13k in two or three weeks and no more x360>ps3 till the next Jrpg on x360.

You do realize that The Last Remant bundle comes out on 360 less than three weeks after the 80GB/LBP bundle hits right? The former launches on 11/20 and the latter launches on 10/30.

Psp really high
Ps3 really low.

Sony need price cut soon.

The longer this goes on the more people will shift to 360 as there choice of hd console.

@aavid: I don't think that sales are going to return to 10k level. Last year when DWVI got released and PS3 got price drop sales stayed on eleveted level for 3 months. This time it may not be as high as last year but shouldn't get close to 10k either. Also there are steady flow of games coming. LBP and GTAIV next week, Resistance 2, The Way of The Samurai 3 and PES 2009 in November, Gundam 2 and White Knight Chronicles in December. Plus seasonal effect.

Around the Network
reask said:
Sony need price cut soon.

The longer this goes on the more people will shift to 360 as there choice of hd console.

Thats very unlikely.. thats like saying "the longer this holds the PSP will be the handheld of choice in japan" another unlikely scenerio, considering the PS3 has a 2.4 million install base, and the 360 has what a 750k install base in japan?

mM

PS3 hard and soft will be strong on the week starting Oct 30th.

PSN - hanafuda