By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First tomb raider Wii screens looks decent so far...

.:Dark Prince:. said:
amp316 said:
Oh, and that's not water in that one shot. It's obviously a blue rug. :p

It's actually water, here's the 360 version of the same room.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about in regards to unfair/unrealistic comparisons.

Yes, the Wii port could have looked better than the actual results. A PS2 port could have looked better. But the simple reality is that very few developers are interested in milking the full hardware capabilities of the Wii because it won't make a significant difference in sales (see single console Wii gamers) for the extra amount of time and $ it would take to optimize.

What is one of the key allures to development on the Wii? Low cost, quick turnover, largest/broadest user base. Alter that formula and the one platform that is reasonably easy to post a profit on, suddenly becomes unprofitable.

Around the Network

Sorry for offtopicness but Pierce Brosnan was the best James Bond for me as for the topic, I wonder if Quantum of Solace Wii was REALLY Half Life graphics I think lulziness occur I cant stop laughing gafers posting about it...

As for Tomb raider, come to think about it I have never seen Tomb raider that have GC graphics to it, not that Im overexpecting it to have GC graphics but what is Tomb Raider GC looks like Im just curious?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

As long as the PS2 exist developers will be lazy… so that’s your plan Sony isn’t it?

Looks ok though not my cup o tea

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

i just bought tomb raider anniversary at budget price. the load times are annoying, the graphics arnt great and the camera controls suck but i still love it. the level design is awesome its got a decently long single player plus loads of replayabillity with the hidden unlockbles. its just amazingly clever

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Looks okay. No matter what version you get you can't deny her really big...eyes?

sidenote: I can't wait for the PS2 to die off so multiplatforms that include the PS2 can STOP CUTTING CORNERS TO SAVE A BUCK!

...but like a sheep I'll buy it cause I always like Tomb Raider...ugh.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network

Looks OK... QoS on the other hand... no comment :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I'm getting TW:U for Wii no doubt. I loved Anniversary. The textures and lighting look a lot better in this game than in Anniversary.

Lara is so cute

senortaco said:
Looks okay. No matter what version you get you can't deny her really big...eyes?

sidenote: I can't wait for the PS2 to die off so multiplatforms that include the PS2 can STOP CUTTING CORNERS TO SAVE A BUCK!

...but like a sheep I'll buy it cause I always like Tomb Raider...ugh.

I think the PS2 will die off soon in 2009 I can sure of it...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

greenmedic88 said:
.:Dark Prince:. said:
amp316 said:
Oh, and that's not water in that one shot. It's obviously a blue rug. :p

It's actually water, here's the 360 version of the same room.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about in regards to unfair/unrealistic comparisons.

Yes, the Wii port could have looked better than the actual results. A PS2 port could have looked better. But the simple reality is that very few developers are interested in milking the full hardware capabilities of the Wii because it won't make a significant difference in sales (see single console Wii gamers) for the extra amount of time and $ it would take to optimize.

What is one of the key allures to development on the Wii? Low cost, quick turnover, largest/broadest user base. Alter that formula and the one platform that is reasonably easy to post a profit on, suddenly becomes unprofitable.

Wii only owners that research about this game (QoS) are not to buy that crap. People that don't know about it will probably buy it, but if the game has no quality people will stop buying games of that company. They'll sell the game now, but lose credibility in the future.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069