By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If GTA was made by Nintendo......

The GameCube would've won last generation.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Nothing would change. Except if it needed more polish it would get it.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

probably two things would change. less of the more crude aspects (like hookers and cursing, stuff that doesn't actually add anything to the game but just makes it more crude), and much better gameplay so that it doesn't get boring after like 10 hours. missions would be infinitely better.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

...It would suck /end thread

Nintendo is great at Mario and Zelda, i'll give them that. But theres no way they'd make a violent, open world game like GTA. they'd probably tone down the violence and make it T rated so it could go on the Wii.

It have a light saber, awesome boss battles and fulfilling game play.

Oh wait a minute.

Around the Network

Really? Mo one put up the Mario in Liberty City video yet?

how odd.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Really? Mo one put up the Mario in Liberty City video yet?

how odd.

thats your cue, do it!

coolestguyever said:
...It would suck /end thread

Nintendo is great at Mario and Zelda, i'll give them that. But theres no way they'd make a violent, open world game like GTA. they'd probably tone down the violence and make it T rated so it could go on the Wii.

Wrong.

There's no way that if they did aquire the franchise, that they would change the game to a T rated family game. Would it make any sense to spend all the money to get it, just to change the game into something no fan of the series would be interested in buying? Now it's almost silly even just to ask hypothetically if they somehow got the license (no offense to the original poster) but it's just as bad to say they would make it a T rated game if they did get the license. Nintendo would still make sure that it's M rated and just as offensive as ever if they were going to make the game. That in itself is why they wouldn't get the license since they typically don't make games like that.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

A few aspects of this discussion really interest me:

1.) Most people comment on whether or not GTA would remain as offensive under Nintendo. It almost makes you wonder whether people buy this game for the game play or in the desperate hope to catch a naughty scene somewhere. Most people will argue that it is a combination, but the same will probably say the same about the Larry series.
But whether or not Nintendo would keep the violent nature of these games is questionable. Almost as questionable as whether or not Nintendo would ever try to acquire the license.

2.) Would Nintendo even even be able to make such a game? In terms of scale, graphical interface, and story type, Nintendo has not made many violent hardcore games of this type as far as i know though i am sure to be corrected. Nintendo did not feel the urge to when the gaming market was mainly hardcore oriented; is it because they don't want to, or can't?

3.) This franchise is in dire need of some sort of innovation. GTA4 is the basically same game that came out ten years ago.
And lets be honest, Nintendo is where you want to be for innovation.
Many will say that Nintendo spurns updates too, but honestly, their games take huge innovate strides over the years. Can you really compare SMB to SM64 or either of those to SMG. Or the original Zelda with TP?
One thing Nintendo does know how to do is to innovate on their existing franchises without succumbing to mere graphical enhancements.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club