By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Boomshackalaka!!! Castlevania Order of Ecclesia 1up review

exindguy said:
CDiablo said:
I think it takes more work to make a bad Castlevania game than to make a good one.

They must have put in a lot of overtime on the last two console versions, then.

I went into the post specifically wanting to write 2D Castlevania, boy I dropped the ball on that.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
Smeags said:

Already bought and paid for!*

I can't wait to have another undead action-rpg hoedown. Yee haw!

(does a little jig)

*Why am I still the only one with Order of Ecclesia in my VGC collection? Shame on you hooligans!

Because my game hasn't shipped yet, just one more week

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Id give it 2/10 because its on DS which has to be played in strain-o vision.

However if someone makes a good nintendo DS PC emulator and I can play it on my TV...it surely gets 10/10.

I beat all the GBA castlevanias on my pc...and can't wait to do the same to these.

disolitude said:

However if someone makes a good nintendo DS PC emulator and I can play it on my TV...it surely gets 10/10.

I beat all the GBA castlevanias on my pc...and can't wait to do the same to these.

I wouldn't hold my breath. There is the issue of the touch screen. Well I'll happily enjoy Order of Ecclesia in your stead.

Riachu said:
It's sad that Ninetndo Power and Gamepro gave it only an 8/10 and 4.0/5 respectively. I know those are good scores but I was hopping they would be more lenient.

Gamepro is actually garbage, and I wouldn't trust any of their reviews ever, and you shouldn't either. They aren't a serious source for reviews. I trust Maxim more than Gamepro.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Dawn of Sorrow is the best Castlevania since SotN, and yep, I've played em all.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Did you read my thread Zen? I just noticed you pretty much copied what I said when for Triple A games =P haha. Anywho I'm looking foward to this game after I finish Sonic Chronicles, and am actually very surprised to see a Castlevania game hit triple A status, hasn't been one since SoTN which I loved.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

This will probably be my first Castlevania ever.

Grahamhsu said:
Did you read my thread Zen? I just noticed you pretty much copied what I said when for Triple A games =P haha. Anywho I'm looking foward to this game after I finished Sonic Chronicles

No, lol, looking for it now.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
disolitude said:

Dawn of Sorrow is the best Castlevania since SotN, and yep, I've played em all.

its usually like that...first one would be best.

Like Circle of moon on gba was amazing, then harmony of dissen-something was ok...by the time Aria of Sorrow hit GBa, it felt really stale...to me atleast.

That was the first one on the DS so im sure new hardware gave the game new gameplay features and freshness...im guessing portrait of ruin wasnt as good...Im surprised this one turned out so well.