By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: We ran into blank screen in Far cry 2 on Xbox360

^^^@zenfolder
should i cancel my pre-order?I don't wanna be driving into a blank screen .it just takes too much from the gaming experience imo,don't you agree?

Around the Network

Teh c3ll prevents blank screens :D

It's probably a rare bug even on 360.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

SpartanFX said:
^^^@zenfolder
should i cancel my pre-order?I don't wanna be driving into a blank screen .it just takes too much from the gaming experience imo,don't you agree?

Nah, I was still buzzing when I wrote that. I'll probably just install it on my 360 Hard-drive next month, which'll fix a lot of those issues, I bet.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

As many have mentioned, These issues will most likely go away with the ne NXE. People will have the option to install to 360 HDD's on any game released.

However, no other reviews from any other mags or internet site mention this at all, so it could be a faulty copy. Previews that IGN did before release including there 3 hour playtest did not mention this. I bet a faulty copy.

Certainly not 360's graphics ability.

Maybe this will help clear it up a bit for you spartan.

This is from the ps3 review on gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/farcry2/review.html?tag=topslot%3Btitle%3B1&page=2

when taking in the differences between the three platforms. Far Cry 2 looks best running on a PC, with clearer textures, better foliage, and less pop-in. The console versions also suffer from the occasional loading hitch when you're driving into a highly populated city. 

seems the cell has the same problems as 360.

Around the Network

As I posted. It's a FAULTY copy.

NO other reviews have mentioned it. NONE.

This post has turned into a flame war. NO NEED. Ask the people that have played it. People who own the game.

IGN's 360 must be spoil as 360 had much better graphic processors than ps3

reask said:

Maybe this will help clear it up a bit for you spartan.

This is from the ps3 review on gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/farcry2/review.html?tag=topslot%3Btitle%3B1&page=2

when taking in the differences between the three platforms. Far Cry 2 looks best running on a PC, with clearer textures, better foliage, and less pop-in. The console versions also suffer from the occasional loading hitch when you're driving into a highly populated city.

seems the cell has the same problems as 360.

No matter what you say,No matter how many links you post,no matter how many scientist you get to do research,not even if UbiSoft themselfs said what it was,In the eyes of a delussional PS3 fanboy it will be..

"xBoX sUCks tEh C311 pWnZ,No bLaCk ScReEnS,rROd"

Or

"GaMeEsPoT iS bIaSeD"

selnor said:
As I posted. It's a FAULTY copy.

NO other reviews have mentioned it. NONE.

This post has turned into a flame war. NO NEED. Ask the people that have played it. People who own the game.

Um, reasks's post was from a different review... so that makes 2, and nearly every review has mentioned numerous technical issues on the consoles, just not this one in specific.

Let me try to make this perfectly clear: Both console versions of Far Cry 2 have numerous technical and performance issues, as well as noticeably toned down graphics.  If this bothers you, don't buy the game.

I may only have played two or three hours of this game (360) version and I haven´t seen this problem at all... graphics are really sweet... not Gears2 sweet... but Gears2 is a hole different level and Far Cry 2 is one huge area... still I´d avise everybody who is nervos about this article to cool down... its a very very minor problem at best...