By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SOCOM: Confrontation 1UP review... MEGA OUCHHH

I agree with the review. I wasn't going to pick it up anyway, my friend at work was telling me to get it so we can start a clan. But to be honest this game didn't even make a spark for me to get it other than that cool bluetooth headset it comes with. Sad but true, I will wait for the issues to iron out and then give the game a shot.

I was waiting for a true sequel to SOCOM 3, not a expansion that was solely used for online-only purposes!

Come on Zipper Interactive and Sony!! Get your act together!!!

Around the Network
LOL MATURE said:
^ Holy crap I just thought it was one review you were saying this about. I just looked at metacritic.

Gamerankings...

Too Human 68.9

Haze 56.9

Socom 64.7 (After 3 Reviews)

I have never seen a game after a few bad reviews move up to a decent rating...  If anything some of the sites are holding back more negative reviews just to be nice so they don't hinder sales.  Delays in reviews after a release usually indicate low scores are coming.  LittleBigPlanet just keeps getting great reviews and the reviews were rolling well before the actual release.

Socom will get decent first week sales.  But, that's mostly becuase of pre-orders.  it will drop over 70% easily after the first week.

Bad score.

Wow the average for this game is pretty bad, it's too bad I was possibly going to buy it.

NeoRatt said:
LOL MATURE said:
NeoRatt said:
Haze, Too Human, Socom...

All had potential... All are bombs.

nice troll job. You havent even seen sales yet...

Squilliam - don't expect much for this game. 750k lifetime will be a hit for an online only SOCOM.

That wasn't trolling...  These games all had very high expectations and the reviews are showing they are not living up to those expectations from a review point of view. 

All of them had and in Socom's case will have decent sales.  But their total lifetime sales will be hindered because of the reviews.  I feel all of these games had potential to be million sellers.  It is suspect whether any of them will reach the million level given the low reviews.

SOCOM has low scores because of the buggy online....which can be fixed. We all know SOCOMs gameplay is good, otherwise the other ones would've done horribly. The problem with this one is they didn't handle the servers like, say, Warhawk. But that can still be fixed. Look at MGO. The first day, it crashed, but then they fixed it, and now it's cool

Around the Network

wait .... 58= C+????? WHAT???? O.o

wish School was like that

they reviewd the server more than the game,,,I wanna know how is the game,,cause server issues will be fixed in a month or so.

Squilliam said:
Wasn't this one of the big PS3 exclusives? I saw it so many times on the "Lists". It drops, people don't even talk about it, it gets poor reviews and the reviewers took days to actually review the game.

Strange!

Heres the deal Squillium. this game could be a dog turd pressed between two grahm crackers and will still do well. Nobody ever said it would be a great game just a very good seller, as SOCOM has a very sizable and devoted fanbase. Hell I think we all knew this game would have issues. Almost every Socom game has. Also keep in mind sales will be hard to judge as this is also available on the PS Store for download. I always download when having the choice as many of my friends do. As far as i know VG and NPD have no way of tracking those sales.

I don't even think they should give it an updated review score. I think mentioning is enough. This is what was released and that's what should be reviewed. Developers shouldn't be rewarded later for fixing what was an obvious issue. Use it as to make an example of it to prove a point to devs that even if you can fix the crap you release that doesn't make it ok to do it.

Luckily though despite that what being said in the reviews at least when it is fixed it'll be good old Socom so we can all be happy.

libellule said:
online multiplayer - lag = game over

Lag is so annoying.. I just turn off my console out of frustration