By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii will not make 50% marketshare this year :(

I think it will get close 49% but supply problems should be had again plus the less expensive 360 should cut into sales as well as blu ray finally coming in to its own which will help ps3

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network
oliminator1994 said:
I hope that Wii will never get 50%. Im a fan of improved graphiced capable consoles :)

You are in luck then! Because the Wii IS an improved graphical capable console! WOW, who knew?

Everyone wins. :)

superchunk said:
Dgc1808 said:
Errrrr..... I never thought it would this year..... Am still thinking if it would next year......

Next year without a doubt. Even on slow weeks Wii has been selling more than PS360 combined. Its just a matter of when, not if.

What is the highest % of the market that you predict the Wii getting to by the end of this generation?

Its going to be interesting, when the Wii DOES make and break past the 50% marketshare. I am curious to see how developers will react. HD consoles vs the Wii will be a dead heat as far as marketshare goes, then the only difference will be development cost, which Wii development is usually half the cost or better, compared to HD costs

You finally realised. I have been saying this since the start of 2008.

The Wii isn't even garenteed to ever reach 50% yet, although I would say it is very likely.

Around the Network
perpride said:
superchunk said:
Dgc1808 said:
Errrrr..... I never thought it would this year..... Am still thinking if it would next year......

Next year without a doubt. Even on slow weeks Wii has been selling more than PS360 combined. Its just a matter of when, not if.

What is the highest % of the market that you predict the Wii getting to by the end of this generation?

Well, that one is tough.

If i am good at guestimating....

360 ~45m
PS3 ~50m
Wii ~120m

This would show solid growth for the vg console industry over last gen and is decent targets based on expected path due to current trends. So, IF that was accurate Wiiwould have ~56% through 2012. The year all three will probably have new consoles released.

I was the first person, back in February, to suggest that the Wii might make 50% market share and I was one of the first to admit that it was extremely unlikely. At this point, I wouldn't say impossible.

If you do the math you'll see tha tit just aint gonna happen.

DMeisterJ said:
Nope, it won't. It'll be like at 49.5 or something. 360 should be at 26, 26.5 PS3 should be somewhere between 20 - 21.5, and Wii should be 45 million on the dot.

So it should miss the mark by at least 1 million, but at most, 2.5 million.

Well, http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=45704.

You do here predict

Wii: 44.75M - 48.5%

Ps3: 21.4M -23.2%

X360: 26.1M - 28.1%

So

1) Your predictions are very different

2) The prediction in the quote leaves 4% to no-one.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I don't think the Wii will ever hit 50%, honestly. I kinda think it'll cap out around 48.5%, and then slide a little as the HD consoles continue to pick up steam, in relative terms. Blu-Ray is a bigger deal than most think -- and not because of the consumer (its the retailers and publishers who want to switch -- they will shove it down the consumer's throat with BD pricecuts and shelf space), and those 360 price cuts are going to hurt the Wii this holiday season in America, I'm sorry to say. $199 looks a lot better than $249 when you're buying little Billy a present during a serious economic recession.

not this year but it will gain some % if the promised US increase becomes a reality

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints