By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can you honestly tell me why you hate Wii Music?

Let me start by saying that I have no interest in buying the game but I don't feel the need to rip it and I certainly don't hate it. Some of the comments on this board seem ridiculous concerning this game. Why is just not buying this game enough, why constantly state how much you think this game is garbage? There have been many horrible games where the developer obviously didn't try and produced a God awful game but many of those didn't even get mentioned. Wii Music, it seems that Nintendo put in some reasonable effort to make a fun game. Although I do hear the sound quality isn't so great which is a big negative for a music game.

I think the issue is that this game seems to define the feeling that Nintendo is catering to casual fans over the hardcore and so many gamers have used this game as their scape goat. I also have heard from some that it has to do with this being Nintendo's main showing at E3 and it left a lot of Nintendo fans disappointed like myself. Still, I don't see the reason to hate this game.

So if people can explain their reasons seriously, realistically and most importantly honestly why they hate this game, I'd love to hear it.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

RolStoppable told me to.

I don´t 'hate' it, I just have no interest in it.

I just hope by this time next year, we´ll be getting a new Zelda instead of a new Wii (insert name here) game series.

It looks boring. And I was hyped about the Nintendo Conference [still waiting for some good reasons to buy a Wii] and..... yea.....

4 ≈ One

Because I don't understand it, and things I don't understand confuse me. Confusion brings in fear, fear initiates anger... and anger is fueled by hate.

Around the Network

It has no qualities of what we hardcore gamers define as a game, therefore it must be shunned if not outlawed.

The most glaring offenses include no grenade launchers, no alien invasions, no hookers to run over.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Because its looks pretty boring, no sense of archivement as other games like guitar heroe and rock band got, it looks and sounds horrible...

maybe i dont hate it, but i would rather spend my money on anything else than on this game, i prefer to eat a lot of chocolate bars than playing this game

frybread said:
There are no grenade launchers, no alien invasions, no hookers to run over.

What!

Aww crap, I was going to get this for the hookers, but if they've been taken out.

frybread said:

It has no qualities of what we hardcore gamers define as a game, therefore it must be shunned if not outlawed.

The most glaring offenses include no grenade launchers, no alien invasions, no hookers to run over.

guitar heroe and rockband dont got those and are they bad games??

ABC news video pretty much sums it up. It was worse than the E3 conference.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.