By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War final boss trouble

I stayed behind the cover and kept shooting him and he eventually died.

That was on easy and it took me ages.

Around the Network

Yeah use the turret. Again sometimes the kryll will just randomly get you (which had me throwing my controller numerous times. However I can normally 1 in 3 times kill him by using the turret. The turret kills him extremely quickly.

Do what everyone else has said. Wait till he is up close than run to the turret end (staying in as much light as possible) The turret should do the trick.

I ran up and ducked behind like the 3rd crate on the right and RAAM always seemed to get just stand on the opther side of it. Then I would take out the bow, shoot from behind the crate (cover fire), then pull out a machine gun and fire away. When Torque Bow would run out then you just lob grenades. Crate will protect you from the blast 90% of the time.

Rinse and repeat. I used this to beat him on Insane.

Cheap? Yeah I know.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Well using the Torque bow is the best you can do. I know on easy it only take around 6-7 Headshots (that is still much) I wonder how much you need to hit him on hardcore.

konnichiwa said:
Well using the Torque bow is the best you can do. I know on easy it only take around 6-7 Headshots (that is still much) I wonder how much you need to hit him on hardcore.

no way, me and my friend had him down on insane faster, maybe you didn't really make headshots.

Around the Network

The key for me was co cop had my son help me made it a lot easier

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Thanks for all the help, I'll give it another go now. Unfortunately I dont have gold yet, so cant play online co-op

Munkeh111 said:
Thanks for all the help, I'll give it another go now. Unfortunately I dont have gold yet, so cant play online co-op

Bring a friend over and play split screen!  I do that all the time with my son

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

lol good thing u asked because i have the same problem .... guess i will play it again after i finish Fable 2 , Dead Space & farcry 2.

Raam is a bad mofo... took me many tries my first time... mostly cause I didn´t have the bow... I wouldn´t waste grenades till he is close to you... take cover and blind throw them... they will explode right behind the cover so if he´s right there they will do massive damage... if he´s not dead by then blind-fire and let him chase you around the cover... just keep your ass out of the dark ???

I had no clue you could finish him with the turret... though it was in the dark and the Krill would get you no matter what...