By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Odds that WiiSpeak Channel will be able to run in the background?

I'm wondering if you think that, when you get the WiiSpeak channel, it'll be able to run in the background during games.  This would be an effective, if crude, way to enable voice-chat in earlier games without having to patch each one.

What are your thoughts?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I don't think it'll ever happen. It will probably be just a standalone "channel" running on its own.

0, null, nil, void, function not found

Edit: I'll elaborate if anyone needs a reason after I get some sleep, night.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

takkxyz, you missed one

Zilch.. unless the game is built to support it within the context of the game, you won't have it running as a background app

I doubt it. It's sad though, Mario Kart would be even better with voice chat (only with friends, though).

Around the Network
tabsina said:
takkxyz, you missed one

Zilch.. unless the game is built to support it within the context of the game, you won't have it running as a background app

What about nada?