By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Request to change the colors on the graphs

I really feel sorry for colorblind people, especially those who are forced to see the whole world in black and white! But still, they are the absolute minority in society.

It may make certain puzzle games hard to play, but you can still look at the console logos to the left of the charts... right?

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network
kylohk said:
I really feel sorry for colorblind people, especially those who are forced to see the whole world in black and white! But still, they are the absolute minority in society.

It may make certain puzzle games hard to play, but you can still look at the console logos to the left of the charts... right?

1- color blindness is partial(green and red are the same...), it's not like we're TVs with no colors(just black and white) (wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daltonian)
    2- A chart is a visual representation of data, in which the data are represented by symbols such as bars in a bar chart or lines in a line chart. A chart can represent tabular numeric data, functions or some kinds of qualitative structures.
        in this cas we talk about the chart with lines, more specifically the one wich have the PS3 line ans XBOX360 one with red & green (I can't tell wich one is the red :D ), and unfortunatly, the PS3 & XBOX360 lines are often intersecting so it's practically impossible for us to distuguish between them.
    3- Yes, we're minority but we still exist, changing one line from green to black will not kill you :p

I have a Wii but I'am a moderate PS Fanboy Hoping for a PS3 price cut

Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

lightbleeder said:
When I first read the thread's title I thought the reasons for the change were going to be stupid, now that I have read the OP I see that it is a good reason to change the colors. I'm not color blind but I support this guy's cause...

This.

Make the ps3 black :p

Check out my game about moles ^

TWRoO said:
Good point, my friend has the most trouble with red and green too, it seems particularly bad if the colours are from a light source (like a computer screen) rather than reflecting white light.

The three colours do suit the three consoles that most people will be looking at though (Wii = blue, PS3 = red, 360 = green) but if there is an option to alter the colour to your own choice it would be good.

Perhaps it could be put into the profile editing pages?

I vote for that.

Perhaps the green could be paler and the red darker...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

Hehe I'm color-blind too but the red-green I can tell apart. I have a harder time with light green-yellow, blue-purple, dark red-brown, etc.

kylohk said:

I don't want to be mean, but posting about something you obviously know nothing about is ignorant.  If that was meant as more of a joke than fine, but still not in very good taste, IMO.

I think I mentioned it before in a very old thread, but my cousin once asked me if the world used to be in black and white.

The sad thing is, she is a few months older than me... I think we were 17/18 and looking at some old photographs at our grandparents, and because the old photos were BnW she thought the world must have been like that.

More recently I reminded her of it (in front of her boyfriend ) and she still didn't really believe everyone else, she was saying "Well, trees weren't as green as that were they"

kylohk said:

thats a lil callous..n i guess the whole point of the post was the inability to see green-red..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

TalonMan said:
Oh God, do you realize how many shades of color we had to go through for usernames in the forums because of DKII?!?!?!? :P

I like the option to 'choose your own color' - that's an interesting idea and one I think we'll consider. I should note, however, we are waiting on a pretty substantial site update soon (and I can tell you from the 'sneak peek' that colors look great) and we might want to wait just a bit longer to see how the next product looks...

Well another thing that I thought would be a good idea (from quite a while ago I think I mentioned it in one of the ancient "site improvement" threads) is that when you highlight the line, it tells you a bit more information.

At the moment it just gives a more exact figure for the weeks data, but when PS3 and 360 lines go really close to each other it can be hard to tell which is actually on top, similrarly when the number of weeks is extended over 88 on the same graph it has to start plotting bi-weekly, or more... so it's sometimes hard to tell exactly which week we are on.

So perhaps when you scroll over a point on the graph it should say the exact figure, but also give the "week ending" date as well as the console it's for. (If the colour choosing is to be implemented anyway then it doesn't matter about putting the console, but the number and date would be written in the same colour as the line so it's easy to tell)

Also I am not sure if it has been fixed yet, but a while ago there were some inconsistancies about when the tracking week ends, like the weekly charts would give the date for Sunday or Monday, the drop down boxes would give the Friday and Saturday and the dates on the actual chartz would be different too.