By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I've been paying atention to console sales predictions......come on people!

seece said:
libellule said:
Seihyouken said:
Last year PS3 sold over 4 million consoles between October 14th 2007 and January 6th 2008.

That was a period when the system had A 100$ PRICE CUT, 3 AAA exclusives, COD4, Oblivion & Rock Band and had HD-DVD still competing with Blu-ray.

Expect PS3 to sell at least 5 million more by 2009.

fixed ;)

Fixed

*_*.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
seece said:
libellule said:
Seihyouken said:
Last year PS3 sold over 4 million consoles between October 14th 2007 and January 6th 2008.

That was a period when the system had A 100$ PRICE CUT, 3 AAA exclusives, COD4, Oblivion & Rock Band and had HD-DVD still competing with Blu-ray.

fixed ;)

Fixed

*_*.

I'm such a failure, my head is all over the place forgive :P

seece said:
konnichiwa said:
seece said:
libellule said:
Seihyouken said:

fixed ;)

Fixed

*_*.

I'm such a failure, my head is all over the place forgive :P

You are so strange, I am sure you had 100 posts and now you have 99 posts X_X.

TWRoO said:

That 4.3 million was shipped first of all, and also for the full quarter, but we are already 2 weeks into it, so you can't use the current total on the front page.

The PS3 sold 4.9million for their Q3 last year.

Griffin said:
TWRoO said:

That 4.3 million was shipped first of all, and also for the full quarter, but we are already 2 weeks into it, so you can't use the current total on the front page.

Indeed (shipped)... I should always check numbers other people put down.... so where the hell did 4.3 come from oliminator?

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Griffin said:
TWRoO said:

Indeed (shipped)... I should always check numbers other people put down.... so where the hell did 4.3 come from oliminator?

If you take VGC sales for Q3, starting at week ending 29th September up untill ending 5th January, you get 4.3M. This is Q3 + 1 week of Q2, but probably what he did.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:
TWRoO said:
Griffin said:
TWRoO said:

If you take VGC sales for Q3, starting at week ending 29th September up untill ending 5th January, you get 4.3M. This is Q3 + 1 week of Q2, but probably what he did.

I'd say that's +2 weeks actually.... a quarter is 13 weeks, and that is a 15 week period.

it'd make no sense for ps3 to sell less this year than last year.

deathgod33 said:
it'd make no sense for ps3 to sell less this year than last year.

The exact same can be said for all consoles except PS2, which would make no sense if it did outsell it's last year.

DS and PSP are kind of on the brink, but both should exceed what they did in 2007.

Seihyouken said:

That was a period when the system had zero AAA exclusives and had HD-DVD still competing with Blu-ray.

and it was effected by two price cuts, and its still at those price points. sony may have stressed that price point to its limit, i do see strong sells, but only ips can push it over last years sales right now

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog