By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vader: "Soon, Dolla, you will know the POWAH of the Dark Side!"

Oh, yes. Dolla is acquiring a PS3.

Welcome me, my brethren, with open arms. Not you, DMJ. You have yet to get one :P

And make suggestions!

I'm a big fan of the XBLA service. Castle Crashers and Braid are two GREAT games, and I would love to know of any equivalent gaming experiences through PSN. Don't recommend WipeOut HD, cause that is a guaranteed purchase already. What are other unique gaming experiences through PSN?

Also, I have a 1080i TV with VGA/Component inputs, but no HDMI. What is the best method of hooking up the PS3 to my TV? Will the packaged cables be enough or should I pick something else up?

Around the Network

you'll need to buy some hd component cables as the ps3 doesn't come packaged with any sort of hd cables quite oddly. i don't get too many psn titles, but i have super stardust hd which is quality, and i've heard pixel junk monsters and pixel junk eden are REALLY good.

I will join ze dark side soon too! In like 24 or 48 horus.

Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:

No you won't.

You will be eating socks so soon.

welcome to the dark side dolla,,,which sku are you gonna get?

get the following games:

PSN:

Ratchet and clanck:booty
warhawk
socom
pixel junk
superdust HD
Siren(horror)

fat princess

Flower

Kungfu ragdolls

Last guy

soon:

Afrika

Blu ray:

Uncharted
MGS4
Motorstorm : Pacific rift
Burnout paradise
Little big planet
resistance 2
Far cry 2
Dead Space
Ratchet and clanck future
Heavenly sword
bioshock
Mirror edge
COD 5
Prince of Persia
valkyr (or some thing like that ,,lol not a big RPG fan here)
fallout 3

I guess you can find some games that you like from my list.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

SpartanFX said:
welcome to the dark side dolla,,,which sku are you gonna get?

I got the 80GB MGS4 Bundle from Amazon. I needs me some PS2 BC!

Is Fat Princess out yet? That looks fun.

What online games have a healthy community? And which ones have a large percentage of people who use headsets?

No multiplatform games (360/PS3), most of my friends have the 360, so that's where I'll do the majority of my multiplatform gaming.

CGI-Quality said:

On PSN: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Street Fighter Alpha, Siren: Blood Curse, PAIN, Linger In Shadows, Super Stardust HD, Mega Man 9, Gripshift and MANY more. As far as Blu-ray games get: MGS4, Little BIG Planet (next week if u live in US or Europe), Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Heavenly Sword, GT5: Prologue, Motorstorm 1 or 2, Resistance 1 or 2, Unreal Tournament III, Soul Calibur IV, Socom: Confrontation, Warhawk that's just to name a few must haves

Agreed, mostly. Changes below.

On PSN: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Street Fighter Alpha, Siren: Blood Curse, PAIN, Linger In Shadows (If you want to pay 3 bucks for some trophies and pretty pictures), Super Stardust HD, Mega Man 9 (If you have played and liked other mega man games), Gripshift (never heard of it) Bionic Commando Rearmed and MANY more. As far as Blu-ray games get: MGS4, Little BIG Planet (next week if u live in US or Europe), Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Heavenly Sword, GT5: Prologue, Motorstorm 1 or 2, Resistance 1 and 2, Unreal Tournament III, Soul Calibur IV, Socom: Confrontation, Warhawk, Tools of Destruction, Oblivion, Ninja Gaiden Sigma that's just to name a few must haves

Italics = must have

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Welcome to the darkside, soon you'll know the POWAH...of........tr......eg.......er........tsk.........kau.......teh.....da-...... 0.o

Bout damn time! Sony has been waiting for this epic day to finally unveil Team ICO's next game. They've been waiting just for you!

Here are my recommendations:

Day one buys:

MGS4
Uncharted

Games to get a little bit later, but must haves nonetheless:

Ratchet & Clank Future
Heavenly Sword (though I'd wait for it to go Greatest Hits. It's a great game, but at only 6 hours long, it's not worth $60)

You may want to get Resistance as well, but I'd just wait for Resistance 2. Or better yet, Killzone 2 (I'll tell you why ;)).

And then LittleBigPlanet and Valkyria Chronicles should obviously be purchased over the next two weeks.

You can check out my PlayStation 3 exclusives thread to see more titles that have recently come out or are coming out in the near future. All dates for Blu-Ray disc titles should be 100% up to date, but the PSN titles may be a bit off. Quite a few should have been moved to the 2009 list by this point, but I'll get to those later this week.

makingmusic476 said:

Bout damn time! Sony has been waiting for this epic day to finally unveil Team ICO's next game. They've been waiting just for you!

Here are my recommendations:

Day one buys:

MGS4
Uncharted

Games to get a little bit later, but must haves nonetheless:

Ratchet & Clank Future
Heavenly Sword (though I'd wait for it to go Greatest Hits. It's a great game, but at only 6 hours long, it's not worth $60)

You may want to get Resistance as well, but I'd just wait for Resistance 2. Or better yet, Killzone 2 (I'll tell you why ;)).

And then LittleBigPlanet and Valkyria Chronicles should obviously be purchased day over the next two weeks.

You can check out my PlayStation 3 exclusives thread to see more titles that have recently come out or are coming out in the near future. All dates for Blu-Ray disc titles should be 100% up to date, but the PSN titles may be a bit off. Quite a few should have been moved to the 2009 list by this point, but I'll get to those later this week.

Your day one buys are what I'm going to buy tomorrow or Wed.

MGS4 and Uncharted, FTW.

But I'm not going to buy HS.  Looks like a waste of time.