By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quick Bioshock question's (PS3)

MrBubbles said:
Jo21 said:
MrBubbles said:
Redcoat222 said:

The graphics are also supposed to have been improved but there seems to be some debate on that point. I wouldn't know since I never played the 360 version.

they ps3versions visuals are slightly inferior

no they are not. textures that you saw on the big daddies are going to be rectify and a patch its comming.

good thing i was talking about more than just the big daddy then...

the problems were textures that were ignored but they are checking every one of them don't worry.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
MrBubbles said:
Jo21 said:
MrBubbles said:
Redcoat222 said:

The graphics are also supposed to have been improved but there seems to be some debate on that point. I wouldn't know since I never played the 360 version.

no they are not. textures that you saw on the big daddies are going to be rectify and a patch its comming.

the problems were textures that were ignored but they are checking every one of them don't worry.

except i didnt even have an issue with the minor differences in a couple of textures

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
Jo21 said:
MrBubbles said:
Redcoat222 said:

9.0 Graphics
A mix of old and new textures, combined with old glitches and slowdown that should've been fixed in a year's worth of extra development holds this game back slightly.

"This can also be said about some of the visuals within the game, which have received a number of enhancements, but also suffer from older, less impressive texture work. 2K Games went out of their way to make sure that the larger capacity of the Blu-ray was used to implement higher resolution textures across the title, as well as improve some of the in-game cutscenes. For the most part, you'll see these appear as a slightly sharper Rapture across the board, and you'll be able to pick up some features that look better than on the 360, such as pools of water or neon signage. However, there does appear to be a strange mix of the older textures scattered in the title as well, so you'll find quite a lot of texture pop in that will occur as you move through levels. This isn't solely as you load up a new level; this can occur even as you move through a section. It doesn't ruin the game's beauty in the slightest, but it does stick out like a sore thumb at times."  -- IGN

Sounds better, not worse, than the 360 version.  Just not better enough; and apparently that's changing soon.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
MrBubbles said:
Jo21 said:
MrBubbles said:
Redcoat222 said:

9.0 Graphics
A mix of old and new textures, combined with old glitches and slowdown that should've been fixed in a year's worth of extra development holds this game back slightly.

"This can also be said about some of the visuals within the game, which have received a number of enhancements, but also suffer from older, less impressive texture work. 2K Games went out of their way to make sure that the larger capacity of the Blu-ray was used to implement higher resolution textures across the title, as well as improve some of the in-game cutscenes. For the most part, you'll see these appear as a slightly sharper Rapture across the board, and you'll be able to pick up some features that look better than on the 360, such as pools of water or neon signage. However, there does appear to be a strange mix of the older textures scattered in the title as well, so you'll find quite a lot of texture pop in that will occur as you move through levels. This isn't solely as you load up a new level; this can occur even as you move through a section. It doesn't ruin the game's beauty in the slightest, but it does stick out like a sore thumb at times."  -- IGN

Sounds better, not worse, than the 360 version.  Just not better enough; and apparently that's changing soon.

I've seen them side by side and the PS3 version is not better.  The game has zero AA and and this makes the game look muddy, blurry and less sharp.  

1) Yes
2) Very Few Enhancements, and I think some exclusive content.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
dedis GR said:
NOT ANOTHER FIRST PERSON SHOOTER.....
PLEASE THERE ARE SO MANY GENRES....
BEAT'EM UP,ACTION,ADVENTURE,PLATFORM,RPG,STRATEGY............

Ahem. Look at the IGN top 10 PS3 games and top 10 360 games. How many of each are shooters?

Besides, this isn't a traditional world war 2 melodramatic/modern counter-terrorist shooter. It is, as Yahtzee puts it, an Eff Pee Ess Arr Pee Gee. How many games let you explore an underwater city with 70 different powers and several guns, with the sheer depth of Bioshock? None.

And by the way, beat 'em up is dead, Soulcalibur IV is the only good retail fighter, a couple of good games for action, several great adventures, a couple of brilliant platformers, one amazing RPG are available. This happens to be an incredible FPS. So go buy it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
dedis GR said:
NOT ANOTHER FIRST PERSON SHOOTER.....
PLEASE THERE ARE SO MANY GENRES....
BEAT'EM UP,ACTION,ADVENTURE,PLATFORM,RPG,STRATEGY............

Ahem. Look at the IGN top 10 PS3 games and top 10 360 games. How many of each are shooters?

Besides, this isn't a traditional world war 2 melodramatic/modern counter-terrorist shooter. It is, as Yahtzee puts it, an Eff Pee Ess Arr Pee Gee. How many games let you explore an underwater city with 70 different powers and several guns, with the sheer depth of Bioshock? None.

And by the way, beat 'em up is dead, Soulcalibur IV is the only good retail fighter, a couple of good games for action, several great adventures, a couple of brilliant platformers, one amazing RPG are available. This happens to be an incredible FPS. So go buy it.

Just think--> how many first person shooters have been published the last 2years?I'm going bananas!!!!they are good  games but I can't take it anymore.....!!!!!!!!!!

it has trophies and the visuals look slightly better than the 360 version.

well i well see how i like it when it comes in from gamefly.

i played the demo for both the ps3 and 360 version and they both look looked the same to me