By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBOX 360 at 26.7 million jan 1st 2009

after first week reporting of 2009 the 360 will be above 26.7 million besting xbox 1 easily,already

Around the Network

It's almost a sho-in...basaed on last year's performance, and how this year is well ahead of last year.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Yes... seems a very fine prediction to me.
If you add my prediction in this thread to an extra 2 weeks of 150k (then add to the current total) you get 26.59 million.

Not a bad number 360 is doing well this generation and well deserved

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Ne-ver. 25M maybe, but not more.

Around the Network

It's always impressive when a console outsells it predessor.

Tremble said:
Ne-ver. 25M maybe, but not more.

Let me show you how unrealistic that is.

Current total = 21.44 million

Last week = 150k

Add 2 more of last weeks numbers (300k) gives us 21.74 million.

That leaves 10 weeks left of the year.... the equivalent weeks last year saw 3.42 million sales, and this year is almost certain to exceed that.

21.74 + 3.42 = 25.16 already. However trends of this year so far, compared to last year, indicate it will exceed last years Christmas by at least 1 million, not factoring in the recent price cuts.

i think no more than 26.5

smac said:
It's always impressive when a console outsells it predessor.

And you're usually in trouble when you sell 1/3 of your predessor.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Jo21 said:
i think no more than 26.5

Make a prediction in my thread (linked in my sig or in the 3rd post of this thread)... if you don't want to go into detail across the whole 10 weeks you can just predict a total for the weeks, or a highest week or whatever.