By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst:360 price cut hasn't affected PlayStation 3 hardware sales

In the US it looks that way, but total... not so much.  I think it's affected the PS3's sales, but we'll see how much when the holiday fallout is done.

Console PS3 X360
America
Console PS3 X360
Total

Around the Network

ps3 is tracking nicley and has had and will have the best games for 2008 - thats all that matters

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

kowenicki said:
Thats really bad analysis and it proves nothing either way. who knows what the sales of the PS3 would have been without a 360 cut. Whats to say those 360 increases wouldnt have gone to PS3 instead... its so so basic!

This is idiotic. Jesus these analysts are unreal.

Then what would be a good analysis for you based on the graph?  The X360 pricecut stole a lot of PS3 sales? Bet ya would like that don't ya.

Anyway, want to see a bad analysis? Check the Japan preview of The Source and the PSP sales now that is a bad analysis watch out that you don't get a heartattack.

It affected the 350 figures but not so much the PS3 ones.

What many people are commenting on is "if it affected the PS3". Yes, it did, but this topic isn't about whether it affected the PS3, but whether it affected the PS3 sales.

If anyone asks, "if there was no price drop would the PS3 have shipped more?". Well, looking at the last few weeks would give a good indication and IMO, no, it wouldn't have. The graph clearly shows the PS3 sales are about the same as the last few weeks.

seeing that chart makes me even more sad for the PS3

Around the Network

Strange that this analysts opinion from the title isnt reflected in the VGchartz data

Ahh well, who cares about accuracy, he's an analyst

scottie said:
Strange that this analysts opinion from the title isnt reflected in the VGchartz data

Ahh well, who cares about accuracy, he's an analyst

damn analyst...  :p  I think that more people should look at numbers before they start talking crap... I wish I got paid to make predictions.

Dont think it hurt the ps3 sales that much, ps3 sales are about the same they were the whole year so its just the 360 who sells better due to price cut.

Jo21 said:

i didnt mean about yearly, but around this period of the year , the price cut was around half halo bump did.

but if we talk about yearly the ps3 this year have outsold de 360 by 1.5 million units

....You know, you could of attempted to compare apples to apples. After all, the X360 *did* get a price cut in August last year. Why not compare those 2 months?

From NPD:

September 2008 = 347,200 Units (69,440/wk)

August 2007 = 276,700 Units (69,175/wk)

So the most recent drop helped sales slightly more than the last price cut. However, since it's later in the year (by a full month), one could surmise that it may help sales out in Q4 more than the last price cut. What matters the most is if/that Novebember/December sales top 2,000,000 units in North America (which is likely). Japan is almost a lock to outsell Nov/Dec 2007's cume, and Europe is rather healthy at the moment.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

why would the price cut take away sales from ps3 anyway. if the people wanted a 360 that bad they would have bought it before and why would they change their mind? if they want a ps3 than thats what they are gonna buy. why would a 360 price cut stop that?