By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst:360 price cut hasn't affected PlayStation 3 hardware sales

mrstickball said:
To be fair, the PS3 price cut last November didn't hurt the X360 either.

It seems that both systems exist (for now) in a vacuum to which marketing decisions only effect their own console - MGS4 didn't hurt X360. Halo 3 didn't hurt PS3. Wii Fit hurt neither.

Unless you comparing 360's sales from last year to this year. Yeah, 360 is doing a lot better this year compared to last year. Heck, all three systems are doing better than last year.

Around the Network
fayewong said:
mrstickball said:

It seems that both systems exist (for now) in a vacuum to which marketing decisions only effect their own console - MGS4 didn't hurt X360. Halo 3 didn't hurt PS3. Wii Fit hurt neither.

Unless you comparing 360's sales from last year to this year. Yeah, 360 is doing a lot better this year compared to last year. Heck, all three systems are doing better than last year.

actually no, its doing worse, the halo 3 bump was huge.

darthdevidem01 said:

exactly.....nothing to shout from rooftops about for Xbox 360 System....

as the Sony PlayStation 3, Interactive multi-media 4-D true next generation Computer Entertainment and Gaming System wasn't affected one bit....sales are still steady & now the only way is up!

I didn't know your english was at this level Krazy Ken

Didn't the PS3 also receive the 80gb + DS3 upgrade? That hasn't seemed to change sales much either.

This year it gets booted to 160 GB with a text message keypad. I want that keypad!

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
fayewong said:
mrstickball said:

Say it 'aint so, Jo.

Ever bother looking at yearly sales? The X360 has sold well over 1 million MORE units this year vs. last year during the same period of time.

When the PS3 dropped it's price, the X360 still had the best Nov/Dec any Microsoft system ever had. And as faye said, sales are well above last year, year over year.

So the PS3 price drop was of no consequence to the X360.....So why would the PS3 suffer due to the 360 price cut?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Jo21 said:
fayewong said:
mrstickball said:

Say it 'aint so, Jo.

Ever bother looking at yearly sales? The X360 has sold well over 1 million MORE units this year vs. last year during the same period of time.

When the PS3 dropped it's price, the X360 still had the best Nov/Dec any Microsoft system ever had. And as faye said, sales are well above last year, year over year.

So the PS3 price drop was of no consequence to the X360.....So why would the PS3 suffer due to the 360 price cut?

i didnt mean about yearly, but around this period of the year , the price cut was around half halo bump did.

but if we talk about yearly the ps3 this year have outsold de 360 by 1.5 million units

that is true, it raised 360 but no effect on PS3

I, however, want to hear from TheSource.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Vertigo

hahahaha......um no, just stop.

What, did I say something wrong? It's selling abysmally? Say it aint so! :(

The BuShA owns all!