By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War 2 already available !

Is there not a way that a check can be done next time you connect to XBL where the savegame creation date or something can be checked, and if it is before a certain day, you get banned or something like that. I don't have an XBOX, but maybe possible?

Around the Network
_mevildan said:
Is there not a way that a check can be done next time you connect to XBL where the savegame creation date or something can be checked, and if it is before a certain day, you get banned or something like that. I don't have an XBOX, but maybe possible?

Many people will get advance copies of Gears 2. Reviewers included... You can't ban people who have a save on live because they may have a legit copy.

However they can watermark the game and see which one got leaked. and then prosecute... However, with the sales that Gears 2 is going to get this holiday season, I doubt they will bother.

disolitude said:
_mevildan said:

Many people will get advance copies of Gears 2. Reviewers included... You can't ban people who have a save on live because they may have a legit copy.

However they can watermark the game and see which one got leaked. and then prosecute... However, with the sales that Gears 2 is going to get this holiday season, I doubt they will bother.

Yeah. I guess checking dates would be iffy to say the least. It just sucks that people will get away with it.

i can confirm this is legit. it's amazing how this got leaked before wii music.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

_mevildan said:

It is certainly possible, although it is hard to tell who got a real or pirated version, although I heard Microsoft can even see the ID of the double DVD (I got a warning if I ever leaked something they could track it right back to me), So I don't know why people aren't getting banned (well they are but obviously most can still play pirated games, maybe it has something to do with region and the laws there, so maybe it's very complicated.)

Around the Network

wow, fall out 3, then fable 2 and now gears 2.

@ Everstar - Not at all, I don't really see it as stealing though, and this will somewhat answer **Slash** 's question too. I will definitely be buying the game when it comes out. I just see this as a chance to run through the game before it releases, giving me more time for all of the other crazy new games that I have yet to play.

Gears is one of my most anticipated games, there is no possible way I will let the hard work that the devs at Epic put into it go unrewarded.

@disolitude - It is really a matter of taste I guess. Gears is my favorite Xbox franchise right now...Now I will actually have time to play R2 and LBP when they release.

Jo21 said:

It does make you think, maybe Microsoft is leaking it on purspose so when the dashbaord update comes: BAM, all thos suckers got banned.

SleepWaking said:
Jo21 said:

It does make you think, maybe Microsoft is leaking it on purspose so when the dashbaord update comes: BAM, all thos suckers got banned.

I doubt most off those "suckers" are paying for live. Also, a properly modded console can not be distinquished from a real one and those games are stealthpatched to not appear on live (again, if done properly). They only get a few "suckers" with those bans and since they will be loosing money in subscriptions they are only cutting themselves. Only a very small percentage of pirates will ever pay for games he can also get as warez, something we already know from years off this stuff on PC and other consoles.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

SleepWaking said:
Jo21 said:

and kill third party sales? seriously don't think