By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft, This Is How You Blow Your PS3 Lead In Japan

Same morons saying the same stupid shit.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
"The 360 is doing good in Japan"

I saw that and didn't even care about the RRoD (who am I kidding...yes I did! lol)....it sold a couple thousand more units than the PS3 and all of a sudden it's "doing good" but when in November of last year, the PS3 outsold the Wii for a month...it was just a fluke...

It was three weeks in November of last year -- according to VG Chartz -- that the PS3 outsold the Wii in Japan. It almost appears at if the Wii were supply constrained though or people were waiting for their holiday purchases. Beacuse Wii sales shot up like a rocket for the rest of the year while PS3 sales stayed in the same 30k-50k range. (Also of note, the week before outselling the Wii, the PS3 was edged by the Xbox 360).

Over the last dozen weeks, the Xbox 360 has outsold the PS3 six times, including the last five weeks. (The first week of the current stretch, the X360 even outsold the Wii by close to 100 units.) However, because of the small sales volume of both HD consoles, the differences between Xbox 360 sales and PS3 have gone from 20k the first week to less than 1k the last two. 

Thus, anything bad -- such as an RRoD in a display for days on end -- is just bad for Microsoft as its recent in roads could be easily reversed.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Maybe it's an original xbox 360 from the first batch of display units.

twesterm said:
Crap people, you act like consoles can't break.

most consoles dont especially not in shop windows.  Ive seen a few threads like this but all about different shops.

How do we know this is not one of the old systems? Not that I care or anything…

Ps: didn’t read everything in the OP so if it was mentioned exuzemwa!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

LOL

m$ display units dammit.

AHAHHAHA OUCH!

Change that fucking display console lol.

I give this thread a 9.

Sure airflow etc. might be the issue - but what MS really don't want right now is reliability of the 360 to become an issue in Japan. That would not be good for the console no matter how cheap they sell it.

The thing looks 360 shaped though... so I wonder where it came from as a display?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Airflow and original design build are attributed for the RRoD in that picture. Virtually all display models are early designs because they are cheaper to use.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Please give Microsoft some credit, I am pretty confident they would design a display case with adequate airflow. Please don't suggest that is the cause here.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.