By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What happens when you buy game at Gamestop?

i notice now they dont have the game in the box.... just the game box and sometimes the manaul i think. so what do i do?

do i ask the clerk for the game and he go in the back to get a new sealed version?

or do i bring the box to him and he puts in the disc and manaul and you pay.

Around the Network

buy games from a different store and avoid the risk of getting a so called "NEW" game that has been passed around like a bad appetizer

still looking for answer

If it is new they get you a sealed version. If it is used they put the game and manual in the case you bring them.

Same thing that happens at EB games :) anyways yea that happenes to me now. When I bought NMH and warioland, they just keep the disc at the front in a slip, and then when u bring them the case they put it in and put a clear sticker over the case (officially EB sealing it?) sealing it shut. Makes u feel so ripped off...

Edit: wario;and was used, my bad. But NMH wasnt and they put the disc in.. I hope Mc is wrong. That kinda makes me mad.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Around the Network

If the store does this crap complain. Opened products are supposed to get 10% off and a manager will give you this if you make a point about it. I actually like my Gamestop (we got free WoW mana drinks for Fable launch tonight) and I haven't had a problem with them giving out opened games like that but I know they do.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

If I'm buying a new game for full price, I want my game to be factory sealed. For that reason, unless a game is really cheap there, I almost never buy at Gamestop. I also don't care for buying used games. It seems silly to buy a used game and only save about 10-20% at most unless it's an older game and even then, the savings might not be more than a few dollars. Another thing that bugs me about Gamestop and EB is that many of the employees think they're God's gift to gamers. Some of them really seem to have this ego or attitude. It's hard to take them seriously when they make minimum wage and about as big a nerd as anyone yet try to act like they're uber-cool.

I'll buy my games at Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal-Mart or Target, thank you.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

im buying NBA 2K9 for the PC tomorrow... if its not sealed im driving my self another 10 mins to bestbuy. only reason im thinking about gamestop is because if i look outside the window where i work i can see gamestop :)

You really should read this thread http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=35589
it's from a Gamestop employee.. It's starts out as a anti-360 thread but read the whole thing... it's disturbing..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Sometimes it happens that they have just one copy left and that's the one on the shelves to give the game some exposure... that's why they took the game disc out of the box, so it doesn't get stolen!

Then again, if that happens, you can ask for a price reduction of 10% pointing out that is not a factory sealed product!
It would also be good to ask to check the disc itself for any scratches it might have!