By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do 12 million PS3 owners not have MGS4?

Rab said:
Kantor said:

So again, for people who don't own it, what keeps you from buying MGS4?

A lot of PS3 owners are casual future LBP gamers, so I would not expect them to be interested in MGS4

A casual gamer shelling out 400 bucks for a console, when there is a 250 buck casual only console available.

I say LBP is just a means for us to relax after this long avalanche of shooters.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

i know you get the point, but to add another angle, sort of.... if sales were based on what a game actually deserved to sell, de blob would have sold at least 5 million by now, rather than 100,000

oh and you won't last long here calling the wii game library casual only, unless by casual you mean fun, then you are in the clear :P

tabsina said:
i know you get the point, but to add another angle, sort of.... if sales were based on what a game actually deserved to sell, de blob would have sold at least 5 million by now, rather than 100,000

oh and you won't last long here calling the wii game library casual only, unless by casual you mean fun, then you are in the clear :P

By which you mean the Sony forum? Wii bashing is rampant here. And I'm not bashing, just stating a fact.

Nintendo has admitted that the Wii appeals to casuals, or as it calls them 'extended audience'.

We're getting sidetracked.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Its because of the game itself. Stealthy shoot em ups can never be as broadly fun as fps games where you go in all guns blazing

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Kantor said:
tabsina said:

By which you mean the Sony forum? Wii bashing is rampant here. And I'm not bashing, just stating a fact.

Nintendo has admitted that the Wii appeals to casuals, or as it calls them 'extended audience'.

We're getting sidetracked.

Sorry to continue this, i didn't want to, but it is hard to leave that without replying

Wii appealing to casuals =/= casual only, and clearly not a fact given the non-casual games (obviously), i could give you borderline opinion

And by "here" i meant the forum as a whole, just FYI, the Sony forum doesn't have a unique set of rules for itself, and hence still is under the restriction of "unless you're in a thread specifically geared towards platform comparison/discussion, keep your anti-platform comments out of the thread."

Just a note here too: that last sentence was actually more along the lines of satire rather than serious, hence the ":P"

Sorry again for delving this further off topic, just felt it needed a reply

Around the Network
Cueil said:
Giant mechs... world controlled since the 1800s by a group of select individuals and now by a computer system... everything is controlled and soldiers are injected with micro computers that regulate their ability to feel emotion... that's a bit over the top for most people... those people buy Splinter Cell instead if they buy any stealth action game.

Don't forget about the arm that possesses people.  I'm surprised this series sells as well it does for being so over the top.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

frybread said:
Cueil said:
Giant mechs... world controlled since the 1800s by a group of select individuals and now by a computer system... everything is controlled and soldiers are injected with micro computers that regulate their ability to feel emotion... that's a bit over the top for most people... those people buy Splinter Cell instead if they buy any stealth action game.

Don't forget about the arm that possesses people.  I'm surprised this series sells as well it does for being so over the top.

what surprises me is that people actually look at this and think that this game is better than Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory... Stealth Action still hasn't reached that bar... hours of crazy story can't match the increadibly griping story that is completely grounded in a possible reality that SC is.  I love me some MGS, but it takes it way to far... that arm thing... <_<  that was a bit much... I know everyone wanted Liquid back, but that was crazy.

I own it but I know people who don't like story driven games. People like games to be free, also MGSO has been known to have some problems.

Never played the other ones so I decided to wait until I play at least 2 & 3 before I buy or play it.

doesnt seem that intrestin, i got Saints row 2 and im gettin resistance 2... so i dont wanna get MGS 4