By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter - LBP to be SONY's secret weapon, Mirror's Edge to sell 2-3 Million

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41732.html

At 2:20 Pachter says LBP is SONY's secret weapon & it will take them back to what they were last cycle.....a consle for everyone.

He also says his wife & kids are crazy about it.

8:30 -- Pachter says Mirrors Edge will sell 2 - 3 million

Also they all agree EA is back!

Do you all agree with his predictions?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I think Pachter should give up, I think he only do this because he is popular around the net with his opinions and not because he really analysts things...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

first time he said something half right lol. but this contradicts his other predictions, what an ass.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

great random sample, his wife and kids... serious

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

yushire said:
I think Pachter should give up, I think he only do this because he is popular around the net with his opinions and not because he really analysts things...

Well, he kinda has the right to act the way he does. He gets more predictions right than wrong.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

@rolstoppable

nope from bad rehashes & recycled junk every year

they have 3 new IP's which are potential BLOCKBUSTER's this year....Spore, Mirror's Edge & Dead Space

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

About LPB: I doubt it. Sure, it's trying to appeal to the audience that's making the Wii successful this generation, but it doesn't have that ''extra feature'' the Wii has (motion sensing and all that).

I know it might not be a good example of casual Vs hardcore, but if people we're expecting to see the PS3 (and X360) outselling the Wii with GTA IV, I don't see it happening here with LBP either. Same can be said with MGS 4, at some level. The Wii is untouchable now, PS3 Vs. X360 is something else though.

About Mirror's Edge: Yep, EA is definitely back. I mean, look at Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3! ;)

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I used to think the hype for this game was overblown, but then I saw the universally positive reviews on top of the fact that it's totally unique. If this had been a fantastic game, but in a familiar genre, then I'd say Pachter was way off the mark. However, with this game being as unique as it is, I think there's a chance he's right. This could be the game people talk about for a long long time to come. Especially if there ends up being a lot of top notch user created content.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Didn't Pachter's last week NPD predictions completely flop?

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Umm... YES!!! I totally agree with this man whom I do not know!!!

4 ≈ One