By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gamesutra NPD September analisis: Who sold more software?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3820/npd_behind_the_numbers_september_.php

Great analisis, BTW.

Around the Network

Wii over double PS3 and almost a million more than 360.

waiting for (wii sports, and play babies)

its NPD. what did u expect?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Wii.... is just amazing. Plain and simple

irstupid said:
Wii over double PS3 and almost a million more than 360.

waiting for (wii sports, and play babies)

I think NPD doesn't count Wii Sports.

Around the Network

I believe you mean "analysis." Not that I be frontin', yo.

I'd like to know if this is averaged per month, and whether or not this goes all the way back to the 360 launch period.

nice ,,,
ps3 is doing good but they fear the future may not be on sony's side and a price cut will be needed , hmmmm we will see about that
the surprise was : force unleashed on ps3 sold better than the wii version???????????????????????????????????????????????

xbox360 figures are strong , insane actually

MontanaHatchet said:

I'd like to know if this is averaged per month, and whether or not this goes all the way back to the 360 launch period.

The red is the one to look for, it dictates current trends, and matters the most.

LoL, I know it's shocking that the Wii is dominating, but jeez it has such a userbase advantage, and it sells that much software. Amazing. There are no more sales arguments against the Wii left.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
MontanaHatchet said:

The red is the one to look for, it dictates current trends, and matters the most.

LoL, I know it's shocking that the Wii is dominating, but jeez it has such a userbase advantage, and it sells that much software. Amazing. There are no more sales arguments against the Wii left.

remember that the wii also has A LOT of software at the $20 price point. Yhe 360 also has a couple but the ps3...not so much. Those sales count too.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

MontanaHatchet said:

Sorry that's my spanish side. Anyway, the red bar indicates current sales, and seems like they're counting the XBOX360 launch period.