By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just purchased a Wii for my son's 5th birthday.

go get mario kart for him and guys stop it with RE games and no more heroes the BOY IS 5 YEARS OLD anyway mario kart is awesome no matter what age my 5 year old brother plays it all the time

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Around the Network

I suggest Boom Blox ... Every member of the family can play and enjoy that game at the same time.

Well even you didnt purchase the Wii for you, its still in your house so you might as well use it.

No More Heroes is definatly a buy. Along with Okami. For you that is.

For your kid, id say Boom Blox and De Blob.

Mario Kart, De Blob!

Mistershine said:
I can't believe you guys think it's for me! If I was going to spend 180 notes on something for myself it would involve Fable and Gears sequals, or possibly drums.

Yeah... I'm sure you would've lost your manhood...

Around the Network
Dazkarieh said:
Mistershine said:
I can't believe you guys think it's for me! If I was going to spend 180 notes on something for myself it would involve Fable and Gears sequals, or possibly drums.

Yeah... I'm sure you would've lost your manhood...

Seriously, a grown man playing a Wii? Insanity i say!

Soma said:
RolStoppable said:
Ha, nice trick to convince your wife that she allows you to buy yourself a Wii.

Mario Kart Wii and Super Mario Galaxy are good choices, although the latter might not be that easy to play for a 5 year old.

Of course it is! I mean, at the age of 5 I was playing SuperMario Bros and is a lot more difficult than Galaxy, and I enjoyed it! I really recommend Galaxy, is easy for new players, but has some challenge (not necessary to finish the game) for veteran players.

That and Mistershine can help his son out if he needs it with a second Wii remote.

For you: Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, No more Heroes, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda.

For the family/Kid/Friends: Wii Sports, Beach Sports, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Wii Fit.

Boom Blox, de Blob, Samba de Amigo, Endless Ocean, Galaxy (co-op) and Wario Ware are the ones that come to mind first. Animal Crossing and Wii Music will also likely hit the spot. Then there are Virtual Console games, too many to list, that you might want to look into.

In fact, I suggest your start with the Virtual Console, as it's cheaper and both of you can appreciate its games. Bubble Bobble, Mario Bros., Sonic...the list of great games for kids is almost endless (and easy enough on the wallet for you to get yourself a few games too...).

Mario Kart Wii is a must and you should also try Wario Land:Shake it!