By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Name your Dota all Stars Favorite hero (warcraft rpg)

MontanaHatchet said:
Alexie Di Onie said:
I hate DOTA, Am I the only person who constantly plays WC3 and hates DOTA?

No, I hate DOTA as well. It singlehandedly ruined custom games for Warcraft 3. I'd kill for people to make a couple more mauls. Sex Maul? Alcohol Maul? Country Maul? Lord of the Rings Maul? You name it!

DOTA doesn't share that same awesome variety.

You'll have your liquid TD and love it!

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Grahamhsu said:
@El Duderino Lycan no =P He's too imba, Icefrog hasn't done anything about it yet and I don't understand why. He only continuously makes Lycan better. Well let's make his ult shorter but make it significantly better, auto max movespeed, immune to any slows. Cmon Icefrog fix the balance, Clockwerk and Lycan aren't even fun to play unless you enjoy stomping easily.

Lol... yeah Lycan is quite imba... but I´m no pro so I can need any advantage I can get :) but yeah he does have an unfair advantage... harassing with the wolfes in the early game is a real bummer and you can get lots of gold killing towers early... but again I need all the advanteges I can get... I like to play him with Vladimirs Offering, Manta Style and Necronomicon... those might not be the smartest items to get but having 2 wolves 2 illusions and 2 necrons all run at max speed and having 25% extra attack speed and damage is just to fun...

Mine are( in no particular order)
Nerubian Assassin ( becomes useless late game, but you can finish fast with him)
Yurnero
Vengeful Spirit (Swap and stun is one of the best combos ive seen

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Yurnero
Abaddon
Lycan, he's powerful, but not the most imbalanced character out there. I've seen tons of people suck with him, I don't get why people always complain when I pwn them with him :(

^Yah I've seen people suck with Lycan but I'll bet sure as hell they'd do better with him than any other hero. In a skilled player's hands Lycan is as scary as a Chen except so much easier to use it's not even fair. Icefrog even made the wolves better, the update makes no sense to me at all. One of the big reasons I'm upset with Dota is Clockwerk, Lycan, and Admiral. 3 Characters that are fucking good and don't take as much skill as other characters. Admiral is new so I'll cut him slack and I guess it takes some skill to count 4 seconds before casting your water move.

What really takes skill is when a Nevermore razes an invisible enemy for the kill, a Pudge hooking an invisible enemy and rotting it to death, or a Chen being a beast microer, or Melee Panda ulting and killing someone at full hp using his wide range of disable.

Or my favorite, this happened in a Cal game I was watching, one extremely skilled Nevermore is laning against a Nerubian Assasin, he's not even close to the tower, the NA ults and disappears off the map for a little bit, out of nowhere the Nevermore turns around razes twice and kills him!

I hate how a clockwerk that starts with boots is ridiculous with any slow in his lane, or how a Lycan only needs to buy a single boots of speed because of his ult. Press 1 button and auto attack for the win lame =_=.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

For all Dota players who want a good laugh here is a youtube video called "luck is my skill" there are about five vids in the collection... some insane lucky kills and escapes... the funny section is expecially good :)

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=gb0GVOhFr3A

@ Feylic )

yes, some people suck with Lycan, but people who have played Dota for a year or so easily get godlike streaks with him and all they need to do is click on the enemy heroes

you can misbuild Lycan, but it's hard to not own everything on the map with him

he is like a built in "ultra easy" mode

Vengeful Spirit
Pudge (hooking is so so fun)
Witch Doctor (you can go some really awesome crazy builds here)

i really think they need to do something about stun lock though... like an armour that decreases the percentage u get bashed??

i dunno it just seems that every void/troll can go bashers and pwn everyone...

@ everdom )

well, I think it's not thaaat bad, for those heroes are weak in early game and just have to be focussed/ganked enough

it's a bit hard to kill void though, but if you always make him run away he won't be able to level

1. Faceless void
2. Sand king
3. Geomancer