By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I figured out why Nintendo became so dominant in Japan

@ItsaMii: You're lucky I'm a DS-only owner. Otherwise, you'd see some shameless reporting :P

Around the Network

New experiences .. so you are expecting LBP to do great in Japan? I dont think so. And I always thought what most of Wii owners are "new gamers", not the same people who owned PSone or PS2 before.

RolStoppable said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
RolStoppable said:

The "I figured out why" threads are my creation which has been copied twice already. "Nintendo became so dominant in Japan" is already the seventh outing of my series.

Damn, I'm just missing way too much stuff that is going on on this site. What were the others about?

I figured out why...

DMeisterJ doesn't own a PS3
Nintendo makes Wii Music
the Wii's attach rate is lower than it could be
Nintendo isn't localizing more games for America
hardcore gamers "hate" the Wii
nobody ever takes my posts seriously

I can't find the Wii Music thread, but it was the worst one, so you aren't missing much anyway.

EDIT: I thought you knew about this series of threads, because earlier in this thread you said that you were expecting this one to be a joke. I must have a bad reputation.

Well I know you, and that is actually enough to expect joke threads behind everything that says "RolStoppable" on the front page

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Xen said:
^You're lucky I'm a DS-only owner. Otherwise, you'd see some shameless reporting :P

I own both. The fact that I play more on my broken DS (resets randomly) show how awesome it is. The PSP is not bad, it is just that the software is "meh" (90% of the good games I played are remakes and ports). The experiences complement each other, but I would be fine with the DS alone.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Rei said:
New experiences .. so you are expecting LBP to do great in Japan? I dont think so. And I always thought what most of Wii owners are "new gamers", not the same people who owned PSone or PS2 before.

You thought wrong.... most Wii owners were previously PS2 owners.

Around the Network

By trying to "westernized" RPG's they have destroyed pretty much everything I liked about RPG's and that is turn based and "overworld"

Now? most of them are just hack&slash games destroying everything by just pushing the X button, have yet to finish a game were I just couldn't spam that X button all day.

And "overworld" damn I miss the old days with FF1-9, Xenogears, DQ games,starting with walking then maybe a boat and at last a flying ship now? they are like FFX and XII, input cord and you get there instantly.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

RolStoppable said:

Here's the reason why I usually make joke threads.

LOL at the comments on that thread hahaha

On topic, I agree that people want new experiences, but does that mean that traditional RPG will fail on the Wii?

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Wow Rol.

Can you please try harder?

Stop phoning in these joke threads!

Where is the epicness that used to be RolStoppable.

I'm sorry, but I'm glad that Zen poured hot grease on you.

You are no longer the king of joke threads. It's soriku.

You really did some thinking :O

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Very nice post, I think you are very right about everything.