By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Motorstorm 2 is a must buy(my impressions of the demo)

the demon looks decent but the place the pick up sucks.

Around the Network

Motorstorm pacific rift is set to be one of the games to own this year

i expect huge sales for this game, this truly is a fans game

motorstorm 2 will be heavily fanboy reviewed

the original was great as it is, but this has upped everything including 4 PLAYER SPLIT SCREEN

i predict fanboy reviewers will hack into motorstorm

-----------------------------------

the demo is from an old build and it still looked fantastic, just look at the views whilst you are racing. the grafix on the cars are incredible as are the draw distances, you can still see the cars in the distance with thier full animation still intact.

------------------------------------

november 1st cant come soon enough for me, im trading in gta4 and soul caliber for motorstorm 2

i cant wait for this game now the demo was awsome even if it was only the one track, ps. did u see the tracks montage from the demo it just looks fantastic indeed.

with littel big planet, resistance 2, socom confrontation , valkyere chronicles and motorstom 2, siren blood curse(£15 for bluray) not to mention the promised home network, and a plethora of other multiplat titles, this is one hell of a year WOW

£299 and $399 <--------- is a steal for a brand new playstation 3 with all these games and movies to play and watch, you will be very busy this fall, heck sat round together with 4 buddies you can play split screen racing on motorstorm.

BUY IT NOW

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

i think the demo sucks. the cars feel clunky, the monster trucks don't seem able to move without boost and the boost is broken. hell, the grfx even look worse than ms1. I'm hoping it's just a bad demo

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I'll be seeing this game very soon. I mean "VERY!"

WOW at the second screenshot!!!

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network

I dont try it, im sure its a must, i will buy it next oct 28 :D

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

I personally hated the MotorStorm 2 demo. The controls were extremely unresponsive, leading to the fact that I kept driving off cliffs, the soundtrack was irritating at best, it tried WAY too hard to be in your face.
Sure, the graphics and visual design were updated, so you can clearly see the complete lack of control over your car, and there is now offline multiplayer, meaning that TWO people can repeatedly crash, but none of this makes up for a shoddy game.

I personally think Paradise is much better. But I didn't love that either, I'd give it like an 8/10. From what I've seen of Pacific Rift, I'd put it around a 6/10.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I thought the demo felt great, and for a sub 80% build, it looks great, the final product is going to be a beauty.

I thought the monster trucks felt perfect..the 4 wheel steering was nicely done (the ass end kinda swings out just right ... I used to build and race 1:8 scale monsters).

I'll get it for Xmas I think.

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

Im with u Spartan, i liked the demo and will buy it first day.

The only must buy exclusive games for the PS3 this fall are LBP and R2. The R2 beta is quite possibly the best online co-op and competitive play I have experienced in a few years. The co-op is downright addictive.

There is nothing must-buy about Motorstorm: PR.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328