By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RPGLand Reviews Valkyria Chronicles(PS3): 10/10

"

Valkyria Chronicles is an amazing experience. It’s rare, these days, that a game can make such a huge departure from its genre’s roots and yet keep the best things about it. It revolutionizes strategy RPGs in such a way that it can be appealing to fans of the subgenre, newcomers, and perhaps even sworn-off non-fans of it. The best thing that could happen now would be a sequel.

"

http://rpgland.com/games/reviews/valkyria-chronicles/

nice score

Around the Network

Did not expect that.

another AAA exclusive for the Playstation 3 Interactive Multimedia System!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I am getting this launch day ....two more weeks to wait though.

Wohoo. Can't wait.

Ah neat... flamethrower.

Been wanting a game made with this kind of action movement style for a long time.

Around the Network

The demo was awesome, though small, and I enjoyed it immensely, but I wasn't sure the style of game would appeal to everyone. Regardless of what I thought, it seems it certainly appealed to a certain faction of RPG types.

Nice.

Whatever the case, I'll be buying it. It's a really good looking game; I loved the hand-drawn art styling, and the way it fades to pencil lines at the edges. Given I'd ignored the hype for the game, the demo really took me (pleasantly) by surprise.

this score is coming from RPG lover , other sites may give it lower scores :(

It's very good, but not THAT good.

I totally recommend it though.

PSN - hanafuda

blackstar said:
this score is coming from RPG lover , other sites may give it lower scores :(

The scores won't be that much lower.  I expect VC's review scores to be akin to what Okami, another artistic games, got.

i have the demo but still didnt play it.