By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will this be PS2 last xmas

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Jan 2008 to 11th Oct 2008:

Console Wii PS3 X360 PS2
Total

PS2 is doing fine vs the HD systems.  The 360 is currently selling 12% more this year.

Potential $129 PS2 buyers would not become $399 PS3 buyers.  They would get the cheaper Wii/360.

Around the Network
Falcon095 said:
Maybe.. it depends if it has a price cut, Sony could make it stand until the next gen by putting it on the "20$" range :P

No not really, its $129 and its selling millions each year. OT: It will be here to stay till 2009-2010.

Yeah the PS2 will do ok this christmas end of 2009 it will be done

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

xman said:
Yeah the PS2 will do ok this christmas end of 2009 it will be done

Could I put this on my sig?

2010. No lie.

Next year will finally be the $99 price point, so that'll help Christmas 09, but by Christmas '10, it'll be done.

Ten year plan, FTW.

Around the Network

This is the real beginning of the steady decline for the PS2
RIP

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I just metioned this in the PS3 360 to 50M thread. Next year needs to be the last big year of PS2. Sony has no option, but to get PS2 software up and running on PS2 by next winter. It will be the final step towards killing off the system. I expect a cut to the whole Playstation family Q1 of 09, and that will put PS2 $99, PSP $149, and PS3 $299. This will make the PS3 not so intemidating, and with B/C PS2 owners can feel more comfortable upgrading.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

no, it won't be.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

nuh its strong enough to sell strong for this and 2009 xmas.

after that hmm who knows

In five years time they'll probably release a six-axis controller for $39.99 with 50 of the best PS2 games built in.