By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are all three consoles this generation so ugly?

Gamecube is just 20 CD cases stacked ;)

I actually like the Wii and the PS3, the 360 looks like a strange PC

Around the Network

I don't care if my system lierally looks like a pile of trash with an antenna sticking out of it if I like the games.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

coolestguyever said:
maybe cause your so ugly, that the three companies saw you and thought, those kind of bad looks could sell.

:(

At least I got one thing right: grammar!

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The PS3 looks like a George Foreman Grill, the 360 looks like a white revamped PS2, and the Wii just looks like a mini toaster with one entry slot for a Pop Tart.

That's it. They look too similar to things that have already appeared in real-life. To those saying the PS3 and Wii look great, you have no sense of art whatsoever! D:

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Gamecube is cute, I like it.

N64 is ugly. SNES PAL version is boring, but so much better than the quite-ugly American SNES.

NES, and PS1 (original) were ugly in their days, but now I think they have some kind of boxy retro look going that works well.

PSone is dull
PS2 is fat and ugly
PStwo is sleek and sexy

Xbox is butt-ugly, X360 is rather dull, but a vast improvment over XB

Wii is sexy, I wouldn't want it in black (though a nice sky blue would be very pretty)

PS3 looks sleek from some angles, but from others not so much, it's too complex in areas that are too easy to see.

---

With that said.

GC > Wii > PStwo > NES > PS3> PS1 > SNES(PAL) > X360 > PSone > PS2 > N64 > SNES(USA) > XB

ps3 looks AMAZING!!

Around the Network

Wii's nice looking, but not as good looking as the PS3.

The 360 is also nice to look at if you have it placed vertically.

Wii looks good, i love the size and shape of it, it would be nice if you could choose other colours but i would stick with white anyways. Plus that blue light !!!

X360 looks bad i mean it loooks like made out of cheapest materials available, and does not have any shape.

Ps3 = Grill

are you kidding the old consoles look like crap, the new ones look really good!

The DS Lite is pretty sexy. I'd hit it.

RolStoppable said:
How could this thread get so many serious replies?

I hope you have begun preparing your next thread.. this is what happens during the long breaks between them