By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom - final version of Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop wasn’t at TGS

Nebnosneh said:
I'm wondering if there was a language issue that caused the confusion. Wasn't it a western journo checking ou the game in Tokyo?

Man, if he quality of the final game is inversely proportional to how good the buzz is, it's going to kick so much ass.

And that's not really sarcasm, as much as just avoiding a headache.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Its like The Conduit all over again... BUT THE GRAFIX SUCKS! >:|

Months later we never heard about them ever again...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Kotaku is in on the fun now! Yay! [/sarcasm]

http://kotaku.com/5065975/dead-rising-wii-will-have-more-zombies-fun (they got the release month off)

Haterade. And some of you wonder why Capcom felt the need to comment on this. There's a difference between keeping a company on its toes (which we should do), and rushing to judgement. And honestly, it hurts those judging more than the judged. Look at Wii Fit. The hardcore community decided they hated it, and look at how well that hurt the game.

On the other hand, they gave Lair something of a chance before it came out, so when it got panned, there was good reason, and Factor 5 decided to do something else, and fixed that game.

But how that applies to this game, who knows? If the early criticism encouraged Capcom to work harder on the game, and even caused that delay just to get it right, then we were doing out job. With the final build done, anything other than wait and see is just a waste of time, until we see the final build.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

i care about it, i'm still going to buy it *shrugs*

The more zombies the better.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
The more zombies the better.

If no sooner, than the first zombie scene (after that frantic old lady lets her dog in) of the game will tell us. In the 360 version, that had about 50 zombies, I think. That would obviously be a good way to compare the Wii version with.

Now the Kotaku article is gone. Glitch, or something else?

LordTheNightKnight said:

LOL I think Kotaku owned this is the reason you must not take bloggers as a gospel

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

LOL I think Kotaku owned this is the reason you must not take bloggers as a gospel

I don't.

That's not an answer directly to Kotaku, but to people that were frequenting the Capcom forums. Anyways that thread got locked, and this is just talk, pure talk from their side. We got a similar promise about a better version of the game at TGS and, damn, we got the same frustrating footage we saw the week the game was announced. IMO there's not much left to be done in order to save this game, and as we know, people already lost interest in this and there's a lot of negative thoughts from gamers and gaming sites. Capcom screwed this one up, let's just wait for their next project.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies