By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XNA Programmers

Anybody ever program a game using Microsoft XNA?  I was thinking of starting some projects in video game programming and wasn't sure if XNA is the right way to go.  If anybody is interested in programming a video game let me know.

Around the Network

creators.xna.com

you should be able to find all the information you need. they also have forums where you should be able to get any questions answered

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

If you want to do an XBox 360 exclusive it is a good way to go...

iam interested but still i have to learn programming first .. long way to go.

Can you program?

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
creators.xna.com

you should be able to find all the information you need. they also have forums where you should be able to get any questions answered

Thanks for the link.  One of these days when I'm done with the side project from hell, I want to start building a game.

hmm, you need to pay to load the game on your 360 :'(, and you can only use C# rubbish (real men program in pure C or C++)

How can you possibly misspell QWERTY? It's spelled correctly on the damn keyboard.

Sylvarantinc said:
hmm, you need to pay to load the game on your 360 :'(, and you can only use C# rubbish (real men program in pure C or C++)

Real men program in first generation language. Machine code ftw.

SamuelRSmith said:
Can you program?

I took a few classes in college, looking to improve though, thought I'd give video game programming a go.

Try to get yourself into a programming course. It's far easier to learn something like a programming language in a structured environment than it is on yourself. Oh, and in a course you would be learning about the principles of programming, not just a language, which makes it easier to be far more flexible in terms what language you can use.